the 40 passed emissions again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSRTRDR

I can mangle anything ...
SILVER Star
Threads
unfortunately failed a month ago, with high hydrocarbons on idle :mad:

and since Kevin is no longer among us :frown:, I had to find another option - brought the truck to AutoTech on Alma School in Mesa
yesterday the truck passed emissions again :bounce:

shout-out for Randy Eckler at AutoTech - he is an old school guy, and has very reasonable prices

I heard the state dropped the $32 public safety fee. Are you being charged that?Annual emissions and annual $32 gets expensive registering a hobby vehicle that really doesn't see that many miles. Having classic insurance with a stated valve is bad enough without the state adding on another $50 plus every year. Guess we should be glad the state doesn't look the average sale price at Barrett-Jackson each year and use that to calculate our value and use that to calculate the registration fee.

Congrats. Do you know what they did?
yes: new spark plugs, tightened all the bolts on the carb, adjusted the idle mixture screw on the carb, replaced the airfilter (they didn't know it could be washed :doh:) - I had given them a carb rebuild kit, but they said it was running too good to mess with the innards of the carb :D (so I got the rebuild kit back)

in my experience, it helps to heat the engine up for a good 30-45 minutes driving around before pulling into the emissions station, so that's what I did, too

price on the initial emissions test was $16 - re-test doesn't cost anything extra

I have environmental plates, so my registration costs a bit more than regular - my choice, no problem :meh:

I really don't want to carry classic or similar "collector vehicle" insurance, for the following reasons:

they preclude using the rig for wheeling ('off-road use' is the term used in their policies, and that even includes Forest Service Roads, so not even gravel roads are allowed; believe me, I asked them specifically); they also prohibit modifications from stock ('lifted' already disqualified me on the "collector car" policies offered by my current insurance company, for example - and not only for the 40, but also for the LX and the 80; not to mention the Blazer :doh:)

and on top of it all, they limit the number of miles you are allowed to travel in the vehicle (as if I know at the start of any given year where I am going to drive ? :rolleyes:) - and some of the policies even limit the uses you can engage in: "collector car" policies allow you to drive to a car show, enthusiast gathering, restoration shop or somesuch

but if you wanted to use it for regular trips to the grocery store, non-car-culture-related visiting your aunt in Idaho (from AZ), or towing the thing to your condo in Mexico for beach fun, you are out of luck as far as coverage goes - [disclaimer: I have neither an aunt in Idaho nor a condo in Mexico; these are just examples]

and by 'coverage', I am predominantly concerned with liability for damages to the other party - because that's what's going to ruin you financially - their medical costs or other damages are only covered if you use the vehicle strictly within insurance policy definitions

Last edited:
/I endorse this post\

it just occurred to me that I haven't posted it yet:

my 40 passed emissions again just 3 weeks ago :bounce:

:beer::beer::bounce:

price on the initial emissions test was $16 - re-test doesn't cost anything extra

I have environmental plates, so my registration costs a bit more than regular - my choice, no problem :meh:

I really don't want to carry classic or similar "collector vehicle" insurance, for the following reasons:

they preclude using the rig for wheeling ('off-road use' is the term used in their policies, and that even includes Forest Service Roads, so not even gravel roads are allowed; believe me, I asked them specifically); they also prohibit modifications from stock ('lifted' already disqualified me on the "collector car" policies offered by my current insurance company, for example - and not only for the 40, but also for the LX and the 80; not to mention the Blazer :doh:)

and on top of it all, they limit the number of miles you are allowed to travel in the vehicle (as if I know at the start of any given year where I am going to drive ? :rolleyes:) - and some of the policies even limit the uses you can engage in: "collector car" policies allow you to drive to a car show, enthusiast gathering, restoration shop or somesuch

but if you wanted to use it for regular trips to the grocery store, non-car-culture-related visiting your aunt in Idaho (from AZ), or towing the thing to your condo in Mexico for beach fun, you are out of luck as far as coverage goes - [disclaimer: I have neither an aunt in Idaho nor a condo in Mexico; these are just examples]

and by 'coverage', I am predominantly concerned with liability for damages to the other party - because that's what's going to ruin you financially - their medical costs or other damages are only covered if you use the vehicle strictly within insurance policy definitions
Gotta love insurance right Claudia?? What a joke. Insurance companies are right up there with death and taxes, nothing good about them!!!!!! Mine are all registered in Yavapai County. Next thing you know they will be telling you when to breathe🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom