"The 20th GSMTR" Golden Mountain 2011 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds good. I kinda figured there'd be at least a few that still came up early. Larry, I'm sure I've met you at some point or another at a Ga Cruisers meeting or event in the past; and Roger, I met you at the New Years run if you recall. I was the one riding shotgun with Ted in the white p/u.

i'm planning to be there monday morning.

ah, good question, do we have to be a STLCA or 4WDA member to register? my $20/yr always goes to Mud;)

I do miss that cool Toyota trails mag tho.

no...

Itinerary is shaping up:
Monday
------ Registration, Setup
------ Wheel
Tuesday
------ Wheel
Wednesday afternoon
------ trip to Burgess Falls
------ Wheel
Thursday morning
------ Breakfast prepared by STLCA (bring a few bucks)
------ Wheel
Thursday thru Saturday evening
------ Wheel
------ scavenger hunt...open season! (Hosted by ACC Toyota)
Friday morning
------ Wheel
------ Breakfast prepared by STLCA
Friday afternoon
------ Rock Crawling (Hosted by ACC Toyota)
Friday Night
------ RC Rock Crawling Competition
------ Photos and videos on the big screen (submit yours!)
------ Hand out MetalTech pint glasses
------ Matt Stell and the Crashers will be live - featuring their new album.
Saturday AM
------ Breakfast prepared by STLCA
------ Wheel
------ Blindfolded Driver Timed race (Hosted by Ga Cruisers)
------ Timed Obstacle Sprint (Hosted by IPOR)
------ Group Photo (exact time will be announced)
Saturday PM
------ Catered dinner (Hosted by UC)
------ Huge Raffle (Hosted by UC)
------ Event Awards (Hosted by ACC/IPOR)

Andy,

If I'm able to go I'll also help.

Mark at MetalTech is bringing us 200 pint glass for GSMTR this year. Best part they are going to be one of a kind glasses with the 20th GSMTR logo on them. There is also a good chance we will have something for you to put in them at least one night. ;)

Also who knows the history of the pint glasses at gsmtr? Anyone have a picture of all of them?

I just registered, did not see a lot of STLCA names on the list. Remember we are cooking and selling Breakfast Thursday, Friday and Saturday as a fund raiser and are going to need lost of help.

Just wanted to shout out to all the clubs representing this year. We are looking to have over 25 clubs represented at the event and I want to invite you to bring your clubs merchandise to sell Friday and Saturday night while you are there. As well bring any club banners you may have and set it up at your camp or we will find a place to hang them at the main pavilion. This event isn't about UC it's about all the clubs. If you have anything you would like to add to the event or something we can do to make it better for you let me know. We aim to please.

Also if you have any wheeling DVDs bring them. We will have a 16ft tv screen in the pavilion to play them on.

I just registered, did not see a lot of STLCA names on the list. Remember we are cooking and selling Breakfast Thursday, Friday and Saturday as a fund raiser and are going to need lost of help.
Registered. See you Wednesday night. I have volunteered to help with breakfast.

Early week arrival

How busy is it early in the week? I have a work conflict later in the week so I may only go sun, mon, tue,

How busy is it early in the week? I have a work conflict later in the week so I may only go sun, mon, tue,

Andrew,
This is only the 2nd year for GSMTR at Golden Mtn so it is hard to predict what it will be like this year. However, I have always found GSMTR to be a lot more enjoyable early in the week. You have a great core of Cruiser folk with limited traffic on the trails. Makes a great combination in my opinion.

Larry,

Good to know. I may end up going for the 2 days.
Andrew,
This is only the 2nd year for GSMTR at Golden Mtn so it is hard to predict what it will be like this year. However, I have always found GSMTR to be a lot more enjoyable early in the week. You have a great core of Cruiser folk with limited traffic on the trails. Makes a great combination in my opinion.

Larry pretty much nailed it as far as trail rideing goes you will pretty much have the park to yourself. I will be there mon. morn and would be glad to wheel with you again.

Larry pretty much nailed it as far as trail rideing goes you will pretty much have the park to yourself. I will be there mon. morn and would be glad to wheel with you again.

Andy,
Looking forward to it, but I probably won't be there until late Monday afternoon. Katie graduates from UGA on the 13th, some sort of celebration will be on the 14th and the Tour de Cure ride for diabetes research is on the 15th ... Thus my first chance to start packing up the truck will be Monday morning.
See you there.

I am registered and plan to be there Monday. I will bring the club canopy (about 20x20) so we have a place out of the rain. Plan to set up camp in the big open area past the pavilion .

I am registered and plan to be there Monday. I will bring the club canopy (about 20x20) so we have a place out of the rain. Plan to set up camp in the big open area past the pavilion .

Roger / Andy,
Are there any particular supplies that we need to bring to support the breakfast cookouts? Or will that be get covered with some runs into Walmart?

I think we have the cooking equipment covered but we need some warming trays to keep the food warm on the serving line, pancakes, eggs, biscuits and bacon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom