THE 2007 4 Door FZJ76 photos (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey all,
had a ride in the 2007 76 series today, the deisel V8 4500 d-4-d turbo intercooled 151kw. what an awesome truck, the motor had a great rumble from 2500rpm thru to 4000-4500rpm cant wait for the price?

pics .. ?

I'm so jelaous ! :grinpimp:

Hi all,

"JAC83" I will post some photos for the interior soon, but I would like to let you know that the 2007 is 100% the same as the 2006 model, nothing changed.

:cheers:

I'm interested in pictures of the rear seat/trunk , I know that the front will look the same as any 70 series :D .

I did not take a picture of the Rear Seat on the 2007FZJ76

I still did not take any pictures of the new 2007 FZJ76 but in my opinion and from what I saw on the other models (FZJ71, FZJ79) the rear seat will be I think the same as the old FZJ76 or any other model such as the know extenct FZJ74 and the 2007 FZJ74 and the FZJ78, the leg room is exactly the same, if that what you mean.

The 70 series share the spesifications only the Wheel base differs from one to another (FZJ71, FZJ74, FZJ76, FZJ78 & FZJ79).

I will try to get a picture for the rear seat but I have to go to Saudi Arabia to take the picture in my next trip.

Bye :cheers:

Seen the new trucks here a week ago, all cab/chassis here no 5 doors yet. 5 doors are supposed to be here end of April. All lokks very complex under the bonnet, lots of wires and plugs.

This is what I was taking about

Hi all, I wrote in a post I can not remember in which thread about the durability of the V8, and will it stand the conditions the truck will be driven into, and will it withstand the weather elements (Hot weather), or it be very sensetive.

Some times "Welby" simplisity is better than a complex engine or truck, even if its more powerful.

You guys have to test it or ask people who owns one later after one year or so, how the engine is doing and is it worth it or not.

I am very excited about the new V8 and I trust that Toyota will not risk its reputation. I am also sad that there is no news about the V8 coming to my country yet, I hope in a year or two we can get it.

:)

I am very excited about the new V8 and I trust that Toyota will not risk its reputation.

ditto .. I need to see it ( the V8 ) break ahead my eyes and say .. it's a bad engine.

Hi, I am really thinking of buying a Diesel 70 series, but the problem people say in Saudi Arabia and here in Kuwait that the Diesel is very slow on the highway, it is very difficult to pass cars with it, and it has a very high price service including the parts price.

So what are you suggestion on this subject.

you want to be the same as everyone else in Saudi then run gasser.
if you want power then run gasser
if you wnat fuel economy then run diesel.
if you wnat to be different then run a diesel and tweak it for more power...

Hi all, is the Diesel 4.2 Inline Six (130HP) strong in every condition such as sand dunes, mud, climbing and pulling? Who is better off the road Diesel or Gas?

I like alote the Economy of fuel in the Diesel, and from what I read in the Guinness World Record book that it can take you for a record distance of 2090km, the record was made in an HZJ79 double tank, it is the longest driven distance ever made by any stock car. I think the speed was 100km or little less.

What is the maximum speed guys on the HZJ78 or HZJ79 non Turbo 4.2L engine, I saw the owner manual of my FZJ74 Toyota says that the 4.2L can go to a maximum of 140 km. Is that true or is the speed higher or lower?

What kind of tweaking is available for the Diesel 4.2L in your country from your experience that will not affect the engine heat do to the hot weather conditions in my country which can reach up to no limits, say over 55C in the shade or 60C or easily more during the summer time. What do you recommend? But also the winter time the tempreture can go down to -2C or less specially in the Desert.

Thanks All guys:)
DisplayImage.jpg
toyotalandcruiser70seriescab2.jpg
toyotalandcruiser70serieswagon.jpg

Last edited:
well, i dont know about the fzj74 but the fzj71 can go to 170km/h.

for the 78 and 79 in a plane road can go to 150km/h, my hzj73 have 4,56 and 35",and the fasted time was 148 km/h (gps speed) but the temperature was in increase, so i have to slow down.

regards

Hi all, is the Diesel 4.2 Inline Six (130HP) strong in every condition such as sand dunes, mud, climbing and pulling? Who is better off the road Diesel or Gas?

I like alote the Economy of fuel in the Diesel, and from what I read in the Guinness World Record book that it can take you for a record distance of 2090km, the record was made in an HZJ79 double tank, it is the longest driven distance ever made by any stock car. I think the speed was 100km or little less.

What is the maximum speed guys on the HZJ78 or HZJ79 non Turbo 4.2L engine, I saw the owner manual of my FZJ74 Toyota says that the 4.2L can go to a maximum of 140 km. Is that true or is the speed higher or lower?

What kind of tweaking is available for the Diesel 4.2L in your country from your experience that will not affect the engine heat do to the hot weather conditions in my country which can reach up to no limits, say over 55C in the shade or 60C or easily more during the summer time. What do you recommend? But also the winter time the tempreture can go down to -2C or less specially in the Desert.

Thanks All guys:)

The 1HZ I had (4.2 diesel) was just great. I did a lot of reasonably hard 4WDing, with some reasonable loads, and never had a power problem. Being longer they excell at hill climbing, loose wet dirt which is a lot like sand did not cause any power problems. Being fairly heavy I avoided mud holes and the like. I had OME tyre sizes, which were good on the steep stuff. If things got really nasty I ran a set of 32x9.5 Simex Extreme trekkers, and the truck handled them OK. Appeared to have a good cooling system, I never had any trouble with overheating. Some other trucks on the same trips did. There are a lot of after market bits that can be bought, myself i prefer to leave things as Mr Toyota bult them. Plus I am no mechanic, so any add ons get expensive if you have to pay someone to do it. Does not get that hot over here (35c about max) with a max low of -10. Did change anti-freeze every 12 months.

Does that help??

Thanks guys, and hey Welby is that your truck in the photo it appears like a 2007 FZJ79 or 78 , could you post some photos of it. I am really planning to get a new 2008 (79series or 78 series) so I am very confused, should I go with the Gas or Diesel engine, we do not have the V8 here, but we have the 4.5 Gas & the 4.2 Diesel.

What do you think guys, (Diesel or Gas ?), in long distance traveling as you might know more speed is necessary. How does the Diesel 4.2L6 do with the open road speeds specially when winds are blowing in the face of your truck, does any one tried this, if yes , how fast does the Diesel 4.2 reach when it is facing the winds.

Can any one please tell me the max speed of the 4.2 diesel in the highway, with & without winds in your face?

Thank you very much :cheers:

Thanks guys, and hey Welby is that your truck in the photo it appears like a 2007 FZJ79 or 78 , could you post some photos of it. I am really planning to get a new 2008 (79series or 78 series) so I am very confused, should I go with the Gas or Diesel engine, we do not have the V8 here, but we have the 4.5 Gas & the 4.2 Diesel.

What do you think guys, (Diesel or Gas ?), in long distance traveling as you might know more speed is necessary. How does the Diesel 4.2L6 do with the open road speeds specially when winds are blowing in the face of your truck, does any one tried this, if yes , how fast does the Diesel 4.2 reach when it is facing the winds.

Can any one please tell me the max speed of the 4.2 diesel in the highway, with & without winds in your face?

Thank you very much :cheers:

Yep its the new 70 series V8, just picked it up last thursday before easter. The 75 series used to come out in 4 litre petrol engine in NZ, but have not seen the 78 or 79 series with anything but a diesel. The 4.2 diesel is a strong reliable motor, while still being pretty easy on fuel. I did notice with mine once you pushed it over the 100kph mark it used more fuel. Not suprising when trying to push a square brick into the wind. Truck will cruise all day at 120ks, and strong wind were OK, just burned a bit more fuel. If you cant get the V8 go for the 79 series turbo diesel, same good motor with the extra grunt from the turbo. The 79 turbo is 122kw, and around 320nm torque. I thought we saw some photos of a new SWB 70 series V8 somewhere here, were they from You??

Have a look at these
70 series V8 driver rear modded.jpg
70 series V8 front modded.jpg
79 series &70 series V8 moded.jpg

New 2007 FZJ76 Photos

Here are the photos, I liked the photos and the FZJ76
Copy of JH0602.jpg
JH0904.jpg
Copy of JH3401.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom