The $15 Hella Horn Mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Purchase a set of Hella Trumpet Horns for less then $15 and finally got rid of those bleek sounding OEM horns.

Installation was a snap and took less than 15 minutes. Simply ground one terminal and plug the factory connection on to each horn and your done.

Horns can be ordered here ( I am not affliated in any way or manner with these folks); I did the "low" tone kit part number HL85101

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/horns.asp

Happy Honking.

Johnny
HellaHorns.jpg

WildYoats- I was just asking about horns earlier this week. Did those horns come with the appropriate connectors or did you have to solder some on? What kind of connectors did you use?

alaskacruiser said:
WildYoats- I was just asking about horns earlier this week. Did those horns come with the appropriate connectors or did you have to solder some on? What kind of connectors did you use?

No soldering. The OEM Toyota connecters (typical female) plug right into the Hellas. I only made a short peice for the ground. One end female that plugs into the - side of the horn, and the other end with an eyelet to put on the bolt when I bolt them back on. Real simple.

Good luck.

Johnny Lange

Very nice Johnny! QQ: do these just produce a louder OEM type sound or a more unique blast?

Trinny said:
Very nice Johnny! QQ: do these just produce a louder OEM type sound or a more unique blast?

Both! Louder and an entirely different horn tone! (thankfully since that oem tone is the gheys) :grinpimp:

Yep... I posted this thread last week about replacing out the horns. I went with FIAMMs and they sound great. Grounding cables came with... just plug and play. WildYoats... nice 96. I just got mine back in August too... from Henderson, NV. Now I got to get all the stuff you've put on your's... haha!

How much has the mods been thus far? you can pm me on that if you want. just curious :)

Put some horns from Pep Boys in . . . also $25 for the pair. First mod! :D At least now it goes "HONK" instead of saying "meep." :rolleyes:

Just bought these, thanks for the link. My horn was embarasing me at SnT, was sounding to much like a mopet. Hopefully these are plenty load.

i went with the freeway blasters after hearing lots of good stuff about them. they are an improvement for sure but i think they get more hype than they deserve. they sound identical to the factory horns in my parents 94 plymouth voyageur.

I went with the FIAMMs for $9.95 each (one low tone and one high tone). They sound louder, but they sound like a domestic car and not like a big truck. They are still a significant improvement over the stock ones which sound like a little yugo.

nice horns... I did a similar mod with horns from a salvage yard cadillac... i had to make a new circuit w/relay from the battery since the toyota circuit was a switched ground (the horns ground through the frame and would honk 100% of the time)... I'm happy with the results, but with the price of those Hellas, this is definitely better to get new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom