1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That's my girl! Or: Yes, my wife has stopped worrying and learned to love the Cruiser

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by sisukid1975, Jul 27, 2005.

1. sisukid1975

sisukid1975

My wife told me today that some guy at work told her this weekend he was going to to buy an SUV for "off-roading"

SHe asked him what he was going to get. He said he had not decided between a Yukon Denali and a Trail Blazer.

Well, my wife then tears into him with things about "How it's approach, ramp breakover and Departure angles? I think they are definitly not suitable for heavy duty off roading." and then continued to attack his choice of vehicles saying "and you know that Independant front suspension, on top of being more fragile also usually offers less articulation than a solid axle? And who cares about horsepower (he had said it had a lot of horsepower in the conversation) TORQUE is what you need for off roading, specifically below 2000 RPM torque. And what about lockers? You know you're gonna need lockers and a lift. And the crap they put on there like the running boards and the fake bull bars will get ripped off the first time you go off-roading...."

She said the other girls at work were laughing their asses off, and the guy was beet red, totally confused and clearly had no idea what she was talking about... she said he was saying things like "what's an approach angle." She tried to explain it, but he wasn't getting it, so she told him to google it. Later in the day he said "real off roaders don't have to worry about stuff like that...."

She told him he'd be better off with a 60 series cruiser, but if he couldn't find one of those, even a Jeep would be better than a trail blazer or a Denali....

I think this is so great! This diatribe from a girl who when I married her 2 years ago couldn't even check the oil in her car.

Fred

2. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

That's Great - I think I'm in love! ......but this thread is worthless without pics of that lovely lady!

3. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

nice!!!

more likely than not, he's going to buy his Denali. when he does, have the wife offer to show him how inadequate his choice is.

4. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    Congrats Fred!! :D How does she feel about diesel ;)

5. macneill

macneill Rollin’ on 33s

Have her show him how to wheel his new "off-road" vehicle.

6. mabrodis

mabrodis

That is sweet! That girl needs a Thank You card or something...so just give me her address... :D

7. sisukid1975

sisukid1975

Loves Diesel. Never drove one till she met me, but now will never look back. Won't even look at a new car unless it's diesel. Seriously, I think the Volkswagen people need to start giving her commission on the number of TDIs she's convinced people to buy.

Fred

Edit: She can't wait for Sheldon at GS Cruiser Parts to get our 12HT/H55F combo for the cruiser. I'm still number one on the waiting list, right Sheldon?

8. sisukid1975

sisukid1975

She's really picky about her pictures, and I know she lurks this board, since I've caught her in the act. Right, Kate? but here's one that ought to get some people wondering.... about her mental state.

9. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

ROTFLMAO - fantastic! Thanks.

10. incogrhino

incogrhino

cool chick...

she gotta sister?

11. GetsUThere

GetsUThere

Great story... I think she deserves some flowers or something... maybe a new set of shocks.

12. sisukid1975

sisukid1975

Yeah, but I don't think you want to go there. Cute girl, just a little fawked up in the head.

Fred

13. LoveTractor

LoveTractor

Media:
    Albums:
    Dr. Strangewife. I'm still workin' on mine. She thinks I'm nuts for gettin' another one. You're lucky. :flipoff2:

14. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

Even I'd be lost with half the terminology of what she said BUT she is right. I got my 40 and man you have to pay attention while wheeling it cause its a lil TopHeavy (dolly parton?) but it will outwheel anything I've ever been in. I'm gonna lock it for x-mas :D
    My wife cant stand the 60's...she won't drive a 40, and anything else is to new...it has to be a pig :D