that was a nice surprise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I picked up my LC I knew a couple things (horn, hvac lights, windshield washer, etc) weren't working and I wasn't too worried about them b/c it was my project and third vehicle. I got around to checking some fuses and low and behold I had a 15A out, but w/ my fuse panel door having been nicely removed by a po I wasn't sure what circuit it fed. I was hoping the horn, but I knew that a couple other things on the horn fuse worked, so that one was out. So I got off my, very comfortable, butt and picked up some fuses today... Ready for this one ...

Oh I've got a/c! It's not very cold, but by golly it's there. I knew it wasn't working when I bought it, but given the general condition of the body and that it ran, I wasn't too worried about any luxuries not working. I'm thinkin I may find some cash under the carpet now...

Maybe if I replace the wiper motor I'll somehow learn that it's actually got a 2h in it...

WW

Might just be low charge in the system, you might get a recharge kit at the auto parts store and maybe have cold AC!

Tony

Randy88FJ62 Ouch.

I would have loved to open up my hood and see a 2FE sitting there. That the motor Toyota should have built instead of the 3FE. Its much better.

I would have loved to open up my hood and see a 2FE sitting there. That the motor Toyota should have built instead of the 3FE. Its much better.

On the other hand, I was no longer able to look forward to the power increase my planned 2FE swap would provide....

The sluggish nature of my LC WAS WITH the power increase.

Also the PO played funny with the coolant lines.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the A/C worked when I bought my rustbucket. The compressor is making some ugly noises now, so I don't think it'll last too long, but I was fully expecting zero functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom