that fawking WI- Land Cruiser Legends

Discussion in 'Announcements - Help - Testing' started by bad_religion_au, Feb 17, 2004.

1. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

not a huge gripe, but it annoys :D me to have all my sections read, except the WI section. is there a way i can mark it as read without access... or not, like i said very minor.... but i'm bored

2. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

[glow=black,2,2] I won't comment :flipoff2: . I will say that you need to get out more though .. hehe [/glow]

[glow=black,2,2]T Y L E R

[color=0000FF]T[/color][color=0008FF]O[/color][color=0010FF]Y[/color][color=0018FF]O[/color][color=0020FF]T[/color][color=0028FF]A [/color][color=0030FF]F[/color][color=0038FF]Z[/color][color=0040FF]J[/color][color=0048FF]8[/color][color=0050FF]0 [/color][color=0058FF]C[/color][color=0060FF]R[/color][color=0068FF]U[/color][color=0070FF]I[/color][color=0078FF]S[/color][color=0080FF]E[/color][color=0088FF]R[/color][color=0090FF]S [/color][color=0098FF]R[/color][color=00A0FF]O[/color][color=00A8FF]C[/color][color=00B0FF]K [/color][color=00B8FF]![/color][color=00C0FF]![/color][color=00C8FF]![/color][/glow]

3. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

can't get out. gotta research to write a 20 page literature review.

on a second note tyler. as you got that info from the Deakin uni site a while back, how secure is it? i ask as they want us to pay everything with online credit card transactions.... just nervous of the net

4. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

[glow=black,2,2] You're wise to be a little apprehensive . Thats always a good starting point ;) . Ask IT if they are using secure software ... local encryption and server side security goodies . They most likely are ... I would hope . Things are so much more secure than they used to be when I started paying attention years ago .

Incidentally , you ought to feel better knowing that I didn't go out of my way to dig up that info on you ; or more accurately , one of your campus servers . I was actually hunting down very specific data relating to ih8mud 'out there' on the net .. and when I got a hit from your server , I recognized it right away from our previous correspondence here . The web is a wonderful tool , but I always try and remind folks that they must'nt be naieve and ignore the fact that they are leaving traces of themselves most everywhere they 'travel' on here . To help avoid being tracked try some of these suggestions :

• Turn off cookies - except to those sites like your banking , and here
    • Rotate thru various email and chat program ID's - using only one allows easy cross tracking
    • use long alpha-numeric passwords
    • Don't go out of your way to piss folks off on here . Keep a low profile , and you shouldn't hit the socialpaths' radar
    • Keep BB / forum / chat profiles to a skeleton if you fill one out at all .
    • Change your PC's 'name' from your name to something else .
    • NEVER use your real name or addy on the web unless for business or absolute neccesity
    • Use a pen name on the net .. eg : My name is NOT Tyler 8)
    • Register approx. 5 email accts . Only one should be for family and serious business contacts . Use all others for various levels of net contact , generating a fake profile for each
    • Understand that the act of emailing someone will most certainly mark you ... you will be track-able .
    • Be aware that all sorts of folks find great pleasure in spamming they're friends with jokes daily . And this is a security risk to you , if it's on your secure email acct . As your true name and email addy will show up in the email header ... that a hundred others see !!
    • Many others....

I'll leave you with those brain shavings .. don't ask questions , as I probably won't go into detail here . Also I have excluding many sugestions from this list out of respect for Woody , who would find them at cross purposes with his sitemeter data ; nuff said :)[/glow]

[glow=black,2,2]T Y L E R

[color=0000FF]T[/color][color=0008FF]O[/color][color=0010FF]Y[/color][color=0018FF]O[/color][color=0020FF]T[/color][color=0028FF]A [/color][color=0030FF]F[/color][color=0038FF]Z[/color][color=0040FF]J[/color][color=0048FF]8[/color][color=0050FF]0 [/color][color=0058FF]C[/color][color=0060FF]R[/color][color=0068FF]U[/color][color=0070FF]I[/color][color=0078FF]S[/color][color=0080FF]E[/color][color=0088FF]R[/color][color=0090FF]S [/color][color=0098FF]R[/color][color=00A0FF]O[/color][color=00A8FF]C[/color][color=00B0FF]K [/color][color=00B8FF]![/color][color=00C0FF]![/color][color=00C8FF]![/color][/glow]

5. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

multi email addy = yes
    is my name bad_religion_au... no...
    i kinda know the basics for net stuff, just credit cards on the net is scary

6. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    [quote author=bad_religion_au link=board=9;threadid=11694;start=msg106525#msg106525 date=1077071417]
    not a huge gripe, but it annoys :D me to have all my sections read, except the WI section. is there a way i can mark it as read without access... or not, like i said very minor.... but i'm bored
    [/quote]

the "mark all read" on the main page doesn't clear it for ya??

BTW: ever clicked on the section topic names?

7. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

well wouldn't ya know it i'm a fawking dumbass. didn't see that mark all as read.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.