that fawking WI- Land Cruiser Legends (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
not a huge gripe, but it annoys :D me to have all my sections read, except the WI section. is there a way i can mark it as read without access... or not, like i said very minor.... but i'm bored

[glow=black,2,2] I won't comment :flipoff2: . I will say that you need to get out more though .. hehe [/glow]

[glow=black,2,2]T Y L E R

[color=0000FF]T[/color][color=0008FF]O[/color][color=0010FF]Y[/color][color=0018FF]O[/color][color=0020FF]T[/color][color=0028FF]A [/color][color=0030FF]F[/color][color=0038FF]Z[/color][color=0040FF]J[/color][color=0048FF]8[/color][color=0050FF]0 [/color][color=0058FF]C[/color][color=0060FF]R[/color][color=0068FF]U[/color][color=0070FF]I[/color][color=0078FF]S[/color][color=0080FF]E[/color][color=0088FF]R[/color][color=0090FF]S [/color][color=0098FF]R[/color][color=00A0FF]O[/color][color=00A8FF]C[/color][color=00B0FF]K [/color][color=00B8FF]![/color][color=00C0FF]![/color][color=00C8FF]![/color][/glow]

can't get out. gotta research to write a 20 page literature review.

on a second note tyler. as you got that info from the Deakin uni site a while back, how secure is it? i ask as they want us to pay everything with online credit card transactions.... just nervous of the net

[glow=black,2,2] You're wise to be a little apprehensive . Thats always a good starting point ;) . Ask IT if they are using secure software ... local encryption and server side security goodies . They most likely are ... I would hope . Things are so much more secure than they used to be when I started paying attention years ago .

Incidentally , you ought to feel better knowing that I didn't go out of my way to dig up that info on you ; or more accurately , one of your campus servers . I was actually hunting down very specific data relating to ih8mud 'out there' on the net .. and when I got a hit from your server , I recognized it right away from our previous correspondence here . The web is a wonderful tool , but I always try and remind folks that they must'nt be naieve and ignore the fact that they are leaving traces of themselves most everywhere they 'travel' on here . To help avoid being tracked try some of these suggestions :

• Turn off cookies - except to those sites like your banking , and here
  • Rotate thru various email and chat program ID's - using only one allows easy cross tracking
  • use long alpha-numeric passwords
  • Don't go out of your way to piss folks off on here . Keep a low profile , and you shouldn't hit the socialpaths' radar
  • Keep BB / forum / chat profiles to a skeleton if you fill one out at all .
  • Change your PC's 'name' from your name to something else .
  • NEVER use your real name or addy on the web unless for business or absolute neccesity
  • Use a pen name on the net .. eg : My name is NOT Tyler 8)
  • Register approx. 5 email accts . Only one should be for family and serious business contacts . Use all others for various levels of net contact , generating a fake profile for each
  • Understand that the act of emailing someone will most certainly mark you ... you will be track-able .
  • Be aware that all sorts of folks find great pleasure in spamming they're friends with jokes daily . And this is a security risk to you , if it's on your secure email acct . As your true name and email addy will show up in the email header ... that a hundred others see !!
  • Many others....

I'll leave you with those brain shavings .. don't ask questions , as I probably won't go into detail here . Also I have excluding many sugestions from this list out of respect for Woody , who would find them at cross purposes with his sitemeter data ; nuff said :)[/glow]

[glow=black,2,2]T Y L E R

[color=0000FF]T[/color][color=0008FF]O[/color][color=0010FF]Y[/color][color=0018FF]O[/color][color=0020FF]T[/color][color=0028FF]A [/color][color=0030FF]F[/color][color=0038FF]Z[/color][color=0040FF]J[/color][color=0048FF]8[/color][color=0050FF]0 [/color][color=0058FF]C[/color][color=0060FF]R[/color][color=0068FF]U[/color][color=0070FF]I[/color][color=0078FF]S[/color][color=0080FF]E[/color][color=0088FF]R[/color][color=0090FF]S [/color][color=0098FF]R[/color][color=00A0FF]O[/color][color=00A8FF]C[/color][color=00B0FF]K [/color][color=00B8FF]![/color][color=00C0FF]![/color][color=00C8FF]![/color][/glow]

multi email addy = yes
is my name bad_religion_au... no...
i kinda know the basics for net stuff, just credit cards on the net is scary

[quote author=bad_religion_au link=board=9;threadid=11694;start=msg106525#msg106525 date=1077071417]
not a huge gripe, but it annoys :D me to have all my sections read, except the WI section. is there a way i can mark it as read without access... or not, like i said very minor.... but i'm bored
[/quote]

the "mark all read" on the main page doesn't clear it for ya??

BTW: ever clicked on the section topic names?

well wouldn't ya know it i'm a fawking dumbass. didn't see that mark all as read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom