Thanks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been on the forum for a long time but not the most skilled mechanic so mostly absorbed info. Have used the last month or so do a number of fixes to my 97 using the great/info instructions on this site Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of the great info here ~ really enjoying being able to fix these items myself.

PS - why is the lock actuator for the front passenger side so expensive. i did the rear today and the -rice was reasonable but that front replacement unit is pricey (even used about twice the cost of the rear door actuator) .

Thanks everyone!

..................PS - why is the lock actuator for the front passenger side so expensive. i did the rear today and the -rice was reasonable but that front replacement unit is pricey (even used about twice the cost of the rear door actuator) .

Thanks everyone!
It might be because there's more electronics involved. The driver's door lock actuator on my '94 will unlock all 5 locks with 2 unlock actions of the key. The front passenger side unlocks all 5 locks, too, but only reqires 1 unlock action. Rear door lock electric actuators are controlled from front doors only, so I imagine they're simpler which equals cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom