Thanks to the forum! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to take a bit of time to thank everyone in the forum for saving me from a headache/unneeded time waste. Had to use the cruiser to get some parts to fix my neighbors 350Z. On the way back stopped at the store to pick up a pack of smokes. Went out to start and it started, ran for a couple of seconds and stalled. Did this about 10 times before I decided I was wasting my time and running the battery down for no reason.

Luckily I was only about 1 mile from home so hoofed it back and went directly to the forum to do a bit of searching. Searched "start and dies" and found a thread where the OP had the same symptom as me and fixed it with a new fuel pump resistor. Drove the daily driver back the Cruiser with my DVOM and sure enough, the resistor read infinite resistance. Jumped the terminal on the harness with a paper clip and the Cruiser fired right and continued to run. Drove it home as if nothing had ever happened.

Thanks to the forum was able to get it home and diagnosed with virtually no frustration, thanks everyone!

Just wanted to take a bit of time to thank everyone in the forum for saving me from a headache/unneeded time waste. Had to use the cruiser to get some parts to fix my neighbors 350Z. On the way back stopped at the store to pick up a pack of smokes. Went out to start and it started, ran for a couple of seconds and stalled. Did this about 10 times before I decided I was wasting my time and running the battery down for no reason.

Luckily I was only about 1 mile from home so hoofed it back and went directly to the forum to do a bit of searching. Searched "start and dies" and found a thread where the OP had the same symptom as me and fixed it with a new fuel pump resistor. Drove the daily driver back the Cruiser with my DVOM and sure enough, the resistor read infinite resistance. Jumped the terminal on the harness with a paper clip and the Cruiser fired right and continued to run. Drove it home as if nothing had ever happened.

Thanks to the forum was able to get it home and diagnosed with virtually no frustration, thanks everyone!
One of the lucky ones.

Glad to hear it was something easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom