Thanks to all mud members. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DoughNut

SILVER Star
Threads
I decided to tackle a small leak this weekend on my coolant crossover pipe. Everything but the heater tees shipped in time for my weekend project.

The hoses that go to the heater tees came off without any problems. Tees looked okay and my original thought process was “I’ll do them next weekend” since I didn’t have them in hand yet. About 15 seconds before I was going to put the intake manifold back on, I decided to check the tees 1 more time. Sure enough it crumbled apart in my hand when I squeezed it.

So to all of you members that constantly remind (nag) peeps to change the heater tees, I THANK YOU! I would have been pissed after doing an intake gasket, valve covers, PCV, plugs, etc to then have my heater tees leave me stranded.

image.jpg

I found about mine when replacing the intake manifold after replacing the starter. I barely (and I mean barely) bumped one of the hoses with the intake and the outboard side 'T' snapped in half. I was actually glad to find out about it at that time....as it would have been a disaster waiting to happen. Leave you on the side of the road kind of thing.

Also, MUCH easier to change out with the intake out of the way. Took a couple of days to get the parts in.....but worth the wait.

Being stranded is a near best case scenario. Failure on those tees can kill the motor.

Glad you got a chance to tackle it in a "service" setting!

'Tis an excellent point.

Is your starter original? Wait till you hear about that service "when you're in there" :)
I bought a new starter, figured since I was there I might as well change it. I don’t really want to do this again.

Just rolled over 325,000 miles. It’s time to give the LC a little love.

I bought a new starter, figured since I was there I might as well change it. I don’t really want to do this again.

Just rolled over 325,000 miles. It’s time to give the LC a little love.

Good call - glad to hear it. Big bummer to close that up and a month later get the old *click...click*.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom