Thanks Forum! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
RE: The great Gear Shift project.

Today I finally had all the needed parts and finally got the Cruiser put back together. Thanks to everyone who responded to my requests for help on this. I really could not have done it without your input. By the way, what probably contributed to the metal failure on the shift tower was significant vibration due to missing bolts on the tranny cover and a bolt holding the tranny to the bell housing.

TrannyTower.jpg

TrannyBolt.jpg

By the way, what is the purpose of the shaft coming out of the upper left on the 1st pic?

I have the hole for it on both the column shift assembly and the assembly like the one pictured, but no shaft on either one.

By the way, what is the purpose of the shaft coming out of the upper left on the 1st pic?

PTO lever pivot shaft.

:beer:

alanbl-

Do you have a PTO set up on this vehicle?

If you are not using that pivot, do you want to sell it?

I have the hole for it on both the column shift assembly and the assembly like the one pictured, but no shaft on either one.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it's for the PTO lever, if you have one. I don't. Might have been there in an earlier life. I keep it for nostalgia purposes. :D

PTO lever pivot shaft.

Do you have a PTO set up on this vehicle?

If you are not using that pivot, do you want to sell it?

No PTO. I'd be glad to sell it if I can get it off without taking things apart again!!! I'll check it out and get back to you.

PTO lever pivot shaft. If you are not using that pivot, do you want to sell it?

Just got it off and sent you a PM about contacting me to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom