Thanks for letting me join!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi my name is Josh, I own a 1988 FJ62 named Lola. (Yes like the song from the Kinks) She was my first car. I bought it from my parents and we have all the maintinence records! At 233k miles shes showing her age. Im in the process of restoring our treasured family member. Us kids literally grew up going on adventures in her. She has quite the personality, like The infamous Christene, Lola's radio turns itself on and off and changes stations to suit her tastes. But Lola has a better disposition and hasnt killed quite as many people. I Have seen and read the forum for a while doing small repairs and felt I was overdue for joining. Currently Im assembling the parts necessary to really make her shine. Im starting with a Rig that has good bones and would like to see her repainted and reupholstered. Still deciding if I want to add all the fun ARB accessories. The end goal is to have Lola be a weekend cruiser for around town and adventure vehicle. When shes finished I want to take her to a significant car show, she may not win any ribbons but shes done alot for me and deserves every ounce of attention she gets. Thank you guys for all the support for these old rigs. Its going to make maintaining Lola fun and easy! If theres a cruiser get together in Boise Idaho please let me know!! Happy trails everyone!

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

4 eyes RULE! but red is a better color :p...do the maintenance, r&r bearings, put on a MILD set of springs, and make it nice inside. Our 62 will be with us for the foreseeable future...

Nice truck. I have shied away from all the ARB stuff and a big lift, because at 7000', my truck wheezes enough without 500 extra pounds hanging off of it. YMMV...

4 eyes RULE! but red is a better color :p...do the maintenance, r&r bearings, put on a MILD set of springs, and make it nice inside. Our 62 will be with us for the foreseeable future...

X2 on the four eyes

I was just in Boise. Talked to another mud member with a blue 62.
Lots of 60's and 62's up there.
Nice truck, too bad about the lights :)

The BEST color and a great looking ride. Keep the ARB, if nothing else as a deer catcher.

Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom