Thanks For Engine Squeel Noise Help!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just want to thank everybody who gave me advice on how to get rid of my engine squeel or whirring noise on my 96 LX450. Relaced all belts with OEM parts (got rid of old ''notched'' belts) and truck runs as quiet as new!!!!!!!!!
Thanks alot again from your ''Canadian hoser'' friend !!!! Tim
p.s. - replaced all my shocks about a month ago - was wondering if I should repace my springs as well?- I've got 120,000 miles on my unit.

thanks for the welcome!!

96LX450 said:
I personally didn't answer you question, but I just wanted to welcome you to the forums and say, "nice choice in vehicles" - I have the same model year - what color is yours?
My LX is the daek emerald green I have attached a pic - Tim

the magnetguy said:
... was wondering if I should repace my springs as well?- I've got 120,000 miles on my unit.

If you prefer a firmer ride then replace them with OME. If you want a lift then replace them with longer springs & shocks (OME or Slee)

-B-

Last edited:
Your stock springs should last, Oh - say 350,000 miles. Really. If you need to mod for heavy offroad use that's another issue altogether, but light/mod offroading and daily driver use - 350,000 would be a good guess. I base this upon my brother in law's 290,000 '93 driving exactly like my 145,000 mile '93.

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom