Texas roundup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
Hey guys, heading to the round up next Monday.

Should be a blast, Nick Stone from the TLCA is picking me up in his 1981 BJ42 and we are driving 4 hrs from dallas fort worth airport to katemcy.

Funny part is I sold him that rig almost 8 years ago, he flew in we met at the airport drove around vancouver, then he headed for the black hills cruiser meet. Talk about iron butt award.

I cannot tell you how many great people I have met in the landcruiser groups and the things they have offered to do for me. Last year Bob B in Oregon offered one of three rigs to drive down to Pismo, his supper cool FJ60 with the 1hz would of been my first choice.

Oh ya, guess I will meet Woody for the first time.

Hope to catch up with the VI Cruisers when I get back.

Rob

This will be the last year for the Round UP, lease ran out on the land.

Rob

you bum!

Ya Mark, last minute decission and under a weeks notice flight cost 650.00 WOW.

Might be riding from Dallas Fort Worth with Marlin and Nick, 4hr ride.

Rob

Looking forward to meeting you... a close friend from Austin, Lee, visited your shop a few months ago. See you in a few days. -Mark

Great, look forward to the meeting you also.

I did not see Lees name on the sign in sheet?

Rob

Looking forward to meeting you... a close friend from Austin, Lee, visited your shop a few months ago. See you in a few days. -Mark

Thread hijack - does Lee drive a brown 60? I keep seeing one with Texas plates. I figure it must be a UVic student or something.

PS have fun Rob!

Thread hijack - does Lee drive a brown 60? I keep seeing one with Texas plates. I figure it must be a UVic student or something.

PS have fun Rob!

Na, he lives in Texas retired and having fun, his son lives in Nanaimo.

So once every year or two we get to visit.

Rob

haha, yeah kinda,some of that texas sun, bbq and brisket would be pretty nice right about now....

have fun dude...:beer:

Ya, was on the phone with George Orange45 and he is super stoked, claims it will be the party of the year and whole pile of old cruiser heads even ones without a cruiser anymore are gonna be thier.

Heck, just to be in the presence of Kowboy will be fun, that guys is one heck of a story teller.

Rob

Wow, all I can say is WOW.

I will not tell the whole story, you can read about on mud.

But, I spent quite a bit of time with Marlin, dude is off the handle cool, I think he is part energizer bunny.

Got a full dazes ride with Charles FJ40 in his linked full bodied cruiser with dana 60s and 42s, half the day he let me drive. These rigs just make it real easy to look good on the granite(sticky like Moab).

Second day I rode with Jim Alexander, 100K plus buggy with 45degree rear steer and stickies. It is hard to believe how you can drop off a 6 foot ledge without slipping a tire......

I am still vibrating after doing the comp trail, defies gravity.

Nick Stone picked me up and took care of all the logistics, I gotta give a big Texas thanks.

Green Lantern, Kowboy, Texican,Woody,Cruiser Crap,FJ40 Charles, Orange FJ45, Green Fox, Iron Giant on and on, such cool folks.

Pics later today, downloading four cds.

Rob

Last edited:
Just a couple pics, you can see a couple hundred Woodro uploaded in https://forum.ih8mud.com/trails-eve...al-roundup-2009-photo-thread.html#post4275381

Couple pics, Garry in the kool FZJ45, Redline boys flopping thier rig. They were pressured into the crack and got to high with the stickies, I just new it was going to roll but left it to the spotter. Dog fell out the window as it flopped, fur sure thought its back was broken, but walked away waggin its tale......

Rob

Couple pics I took....

Marlin showin off his Texas Barbi

Last photo, Butch, Nick, Woody, Marlin and me..
IMG_1464.jpg
IMG_1492.jpg
IMG_1469.jpg

Couple more shots

The yellow mini just plain rocked out for a leaf sprung rig, plus the driver is pretty darn talented...

I think Woody just finished a climb, stopped the rig and the drive shaft fell out....

Oooooh, motley of the crew, Cowboy, Woody and Marlin.
IMG_1572.jpg
IMG_1668.jpg
IMG_1784.jpg

Couple more shots

I think you know BK cruiser?
DAWSON 015.jpg

Lets try another pic, having a bit of trouble loading or I would of put up a pile of cruiser pics just for Ryan cause he knows hes special in a good way...

Still having error uploads, will try later...

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom