Texas Cruiser needs a little Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long story but I'm about 3000 miles into a 5000 mile trip in my FJ40 - drove from Austin to CA and all the way down to Cabo and back and plan to hit the border going north sometime before dark today. So far it's been one of the best decisions I've made - imagine it'll continue that way.

I'm posting here because the cruiser needs a brake master cylinder replaced and the front axle seals replaced before I keep truckin'. I've met a few Cruiser guys in SoCal and know where the mechanics' shops are, but would like to try to save most of my remaining cash for getting back home. (Quit my job to be able to go on this trip :p) I have most of the tools I need and can certainly do the work but could use some solid supervision. Planning to be in the area for 3 or 4 or 5 days - then heading up the Pacific Coast - just because I never have.

If you can help in any way - that'd be awesome. Lend a hand or a wrench or advice or let me know of a cool camping spot or if you just want to get together for a cold one - then I'm up for that, too. PMs won't work but email, phone or text messages will. Muchas gracias in advance for the help!

Tom Glaser
tglaser2 at gmail.com
(512) 757-1664

Right on Tom, sorry I missed your post. Sounds like a great trip. I go down to Baja all the time and just did the Cabo trip in December. Bunch of great spots to hit up. I have mainly stayed at a bunch of surf spots but they are also great just to chill at. Definitely go by AAA and get their Baja map, it's a good one. Also there is a book called "The Surfers Guide To Baja" that is really good for camping locations and off the beaten track dirt road maps. There are a bunch of great spots to stay but San Quitin is about a day drive from the US border and a good fishing spot...pretty cold though. One spot you definitely want to check out is San Ignacio. Great little town to spend the night in. There is a bed and breakfast there called "Terri and Jerrys" where you can sleep in these cool yurts. Anyway good luck with the trip! And BTW in Baja they have a road service called "the green angels" that patrol the highway helping out people that break down or run out of gas etc.

And BTW in Baja they have a road service called "the green angels" that patrol the highway helping out people that break down or run out of gas etc.

...yeah but now they're just off duty Policia with guns... dressed like green angels... to steal your s***...

:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom