For Sale Testing Waters: 2005 LC w/ 93k miles - Bay Area, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***Price reduced to $23.5k or best offer***

Located in the Bay Area, CA

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser, sub-100k miles

Copy/paste from my posting:

Next month, I will be selling my 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser with 93,600 original miles. I bought it last summer as a one-owner vehicle with 78,400 miles. AutoCheck/CarFax at the time checked out - no accidents or issues of any kind.

When I say clean, I mean it. It's not 100% perfect (front bumper has some damage in one corner, along with some scratches here and there), but overall it runs like new and I've invested roughly $3,000 of baseline maintenance in the last year so you don't have to do any work to it for the foreseeable future. The truck has been California-based its whole life, and has no rust or paint oxidation. The original owner traded it in to an Infiniti dealership in Oakland last summer, and I found it the day after. By the time I closed the deal two days later, over a dozen offers had been made on it.

The following maintenance has been done at Bay Motorsport & Audiomobile in Oakland since I bought it (currently at 93,600 miles but I drive it so mileage will increase):

- New factory-sized tires @ 78,400 miles
- New battery (O'Reilly Auto XtremeStart w/ warranty) @ 78,400 miles
- Aisin timing belt, water pump & tensioner (with coolant flush using Toyota Red coolant) @ 78,400 miles
- OEM brake pads & rotors @ 92,000 miles
- New windshield in June ($718 with new OEM mouldings...ouch) @ 85,000 miles
- Aftermarket hood struts
- New OEM floor mats
- Polk 6.5" DB6501 component front speakers & DB651 coaxials in the rear
- SL3B bluetooth audio controller (so anyone in the car can control music/podcasts through the factory steering wheel)

I have service records & receipts for the items listed above. EVERYTHING works. It gets ~ 16-17 MPG highway, drives straight and just runs perfectly. Tan leather interior is in great shape with no rips or tears. The DVD screens in the headrest work properly, remote controls are included. If I had to nitpick, there are tiny interior rattles here and there, and the seatbelts sometimes are slow to retract (I hear these are common issues). Other than that, it's a flawless truck that I wouldn't hesitate to drive cross-country today. I just had a full paint correction done tomorrow to remove any swirl marks in the paint ($300 value).

Price: $23,500. KBB does not accurately reflect the true market value for these trucks, so I'm not worried about the truck selling for this price or close to it.

Reason for selling: It's a great truck, but I just don't use it to its full potential (road trips, camping, off-road, etc) and I don't have a family or pets so I don't need the space. It's my second car as well, so I might as well part with it (for the right price).

Last edited:
Updated Craigslist ad with photos of the paint correction done today. Truck looks almost new.

trade for 08 4x4 ram cummins?

You're more than welcome to buy that one. Also, it was posted 29 days ago and doesn't have mileage listed.

There are 13 2005 LC's listed in the entire country right now on AutoTrader. The only ones in my mileage range are going for $24-25k. You simply can't find one of these trucks easily in good shape, hence the price.

Doesn't seem to be a valid craigslist ad anymore. Truck still available? With no current ad, I can't see pictures or even what color it is... would like to know more about the bumper damage, etc...

Nice looking rig. GLWS

Is this sold? If not, it would be helpful if you upload pics directly on here rather than relying on the Craigslist link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom