Testing the Sniper in Record Cold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Silly question: is the choke disassembled for the sniper? Never thought to use it after hvn the Sniper...but my buddy has been + insists it helps the idle when 1st starting.

Silly question: is the choke disassembled for the sniper? Never thought to use it after hvn the Sniper...but my buddy has been + insists it helps the idle when 1st starting.

The choke is part of the carb and nonexistent in the sniper. The Sniper may use the IAC as a choke of sorts but whatever it does will all be controlled by its own programming and will not have a cable you can pull for the choke like on your old carb.

1613492077192.png

Found someone else asking the same question:

1613492474514.png

Last edited:
We just finished a week or two of extended -35C (about -34F) temps and my cruiser won't start up. I had just put a brand new battery in last month, but I guess the extended cold without plugging in would make me not want to do anything either. I'm waiting for it to warm up before I get her going again.

We just finished a week or two of extended -35C (about -34F) temps and my cruiser won't start up. I had just put a brand new battery in last month, but I guess the extended cold without plugging in would make me not want to do anything either. I'm waiting for it to warm up before I get her going again.
Your signature line says you have a 5.3l Vortec. It wont start in -34F ?? fuel injected?

I believe your supposed to start a campfire under the oil pan. At least thats what they do in all the Siberia in winter Russian youtube videos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom