Testing compressor wheels with the Supra CT26 on my FT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My new little project for testing comp wheels just kicked off. You read lots of conflicting info about different wheels and how they perform so I thought why not give it a crack for myself. I plan to test 11 blade, 5+5, 6+6, 7+7, and maybe 10 blade if I can source one, comp wheel designs all with the same 46/65mm size. I want to see if I can feel any changes in the performance or drivability from actually driving the car. The new CHRA and the first comp wheel design arrived today. I'm quite surprised how light the new wheel is, haven't weighed the factory cast wheel yet to compare. The extended tips of the new wheel makes it look much larger than the original, it's a bit higher in blade height too but the most noticable difference that really stood out to me was how much smaller the nose/shaft is that the blades come out from.

IMG_20191218_161535.jpg
IMG_20191218_161938.jpg
IMG_20191218_161608.jpg

Between the 2 wheels shown, I bet you'll notice a difference. I had an old Gturbo and have a new Green. Old one looked like your first wheel and new one is aluminum, more blades with extended tips like your second. It spools faster and gives much more mid range torque. Curious to see your results!

Turbo is now all assembled and VSR high speed balanced which they allowed me to carry out myself, was great fun seeing how it all gets done. Quite an art to grinding it all in the right spots to achieve the best possible balance but after seeing the initial VSR results from just bolting on the new 11 blade wheel compared to the final results I'm really glad I went the extra effort to get it balanced. I have zero concerns about boosting the chit outta it now! Also modified the wastegate bracket to work with the clocked compressor housing of the supra turbo so it's all ready to bolt on now.

Too bad that's as far as I can go until my front end is repair from a drunk driver smashing into it while parked outside my house.

saw some interesting turbine housing mods today... :hmm: That should definitely relieve some EMP, no doubt a ton of turbine drive too.

ct26 tubine 1.JPG
ct26 tubine.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom