Test drove an LX (2005) Today. Have Some Questions .. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Test drove a 2005 LX. Need feedback on following issues:

(1) Radio had no reception. It had the Mark Levinson factory system with CD changer. What is the most common root cause of no FM reception?

(2) The previous owner has put new shocks and states the AHC has been bypassed/removed. Pressing the AHC button does nothing. How can I verify what was removed? I do see new struts mounted in both front and rear.

(3) The doors locked by themselves and of course with the keys inside. Not in the ignition but sitting on the console. What would cause the doors to lock on its own?

1. Was the antenna up? I only ask because embarrassingly enough the first couple times I drove mine it was in the down position and the reception was garbage and I didn't realize the little umbrella looking buttons raised it up lol

(1) Radio had no reception. It had the Mark Levinson factory system with CD changer. What is the most common root cause of no FM reception?

(2) The previous owner has put new shocks and states the AHC has been bypassed/removed. Pressing the AHC button does nothing. How can I verify what was removed? I do see new struts mounted in both front and rear.

(3) The doors locked by themselves and of course with the keys inside. Not in the ignition but sitting on the console. What would cause the doors to lock on its own?
1- my radio reception has always been kind of crappy. You can raise the antenna with the button on the dash.

2- you confirmed it: pushing the button did nothing and you looked at the new shocks. There are likely still components of the system on the truck as some don't bother to truly "remove"it. You can look for the fluid reservoir in the engine bay, passenger side near the firewall. There would also be be globes and a big pump thing on both sides of the frame rail (pump thing only on DS). If those parts are there, they can remain in place unless you just want them gone. BE CAREFUL CUTTING HYDRAULIC LINES. THEY LOOK JUST LIKE AND RUN RIGHT NEXT TO BRAKE LINES.

3- No clue. Could be an auto lock feature if it was unlocked and the doors never opened. I think mine will auto lock after a period of time to help prevent you from forgetting your doors are unlocked. This is canceled by opening a door after you've unlocked with the fob.

1. Was the antenna up? I only ask because embarrassingly enough the first couple times I drove mine it was in the down position and the reception was garbage and I didn't realize the little umbrella looking buttons raised it up lol
Is there any button you need to hit to bring the antenna up? The antenna was not up at the time. I need to remind myself this car was originally designed back in 1998 so yes it is still old school in some areas.

Is there any button you need to hit to bring the antenna up? The antenna was not up at the time. I need to remind myself this car was originally designed back in 1998 so yes it is still old school in some areas.
There is a antenna up/down button. I'll see if I can find a pic. Most likely, the antenna is broken. They are broken very often, and as I recall, your antenna should go up automatically when turning on the radio.

15628921267767342990903572859694.jpg

There is a antenna up/down button. I'll see if I can find a pic. Most likely, the antenna is broken. They are broken very often, and as I recall, your antenna should go up automatically when turning on the radio.
Luckily mine wasn't broken. The PO had lowered the antenna for whatever reason and my 05 retains the last height setting when you kill/restart. I assume the older models do the same, but I'm not positive.

if you unlock the door from remote (press the unlock button no mater if the car is unlocked or not) without opening any door, the car will lock all the doors after about 30s or 1min. It is a toyota thing. really annoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom