Test drove an 80 for the first time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't worry about the hoursepower thing. LC's were not made to race Corvettes! They were built to climb rocks. It is a different thing. LC's are all about torque, not speed. They slow down on steep hills. You have to be patient with them. They will tow anything, as long as you aren't in a hurry. When I was a kid, I saw a stock 40 tow a bus full of kids and camping gear up an 8% grade in the mountains for several miles! (I was one of the kids.) I have seen a stock 40 pull motorhomes out of raging washes in flood stage over 5 feet of water. LC's will do that and more! An 80 is just that much stronger. My 80 is just a tractor with air conditioning and better suspension. It is better looking and has better road handling than anything John Deere ever devised, but it acts the same when the going gets rough. Nothing stops it! I have driven it over miles of sheet ice without ever slipping a tire. Rock canyons are a cruise. LC owners talk about where they have been. Land Rover owners talk about the mechanics they have met and the rest talk about the frames that they have welded. We just cruise...

Nice ride. Here it is after the madness starts
4 inch lift 004.jpg
4 inch lift 006.jpg

You forgot #5

5. Where are the damn cup holders? :)

That really kills me every time I hear that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you have been reading any of the post that have to do with going fast you should know the LC was never designed for that and with all the searching I've done there's not a lot you can do to increase the HPs. The LC has a few options but some like Supercharging can be a little expensive. These trucks grow on you like nothing you have ever owned before and it all comes with a comfortable ride too. I had the same feelings when I first drove a LC.

Bluedog, I'm really happy for you. I think it looks like a really nice one, in spite of the gold pkg. I was totally anti-gold pkg until I found my '96 with lockers. low-miles and no rust. Then it didn't seem to matter anymore.

I guess I'm getting soft.

:beer: :cheers:

Two? I've got one and what can best be described as 'change' holder that sort of will hold a can of pop ;p My '99 non-Toyota DD had 5.

I'm continually amazed that a vehicle with an original MSRP of $50K + is so 'cup holder' challenged while at the same time knowing how well they got most everything else right :D

There are lots of cars with MSRPs well above $50K that have no cupholders.

Cupholders are for minivans

MINOR incovenience not worth passing up a nice 80 for :D

There are aftermarket solutions including putting a cup holder dealyo in the slot above the radio (whatever that was for anyway). I'm also looking at other solutions to appease the family.

A guaranteed way to have drink in your radio. The one in my T-100 sucked. Most of the guys I've seen with those things either don't use them or have pop/cofee stains on the radio face.

Bluedog, I'm really happy for you. I think it looks like a really nice one, in spite of the gold pkg. I was totally anti-gold pkg until I found my '96 with lockers. low-miles and no rust. Then it didn't seem to matter anymore.

I guess I'm getting soft.

:beer: :cheers:

Thanks, In chicago the no rust thing is hard to come by.

Just incase anyone is interested, those stock wheels will be for sale in a week or so.

B.

She is mine. The dealer has a few things to do so, I'll pick her up in a few days.

Don't judge her by the brush guard and gold emblems, they will be taken care of soon enough.
B.

Those gold emblems look like they're in real nice shape. My wife was complaining that her gold emblems are faded, and they are. If you're removing those, and they're in real nice shape, I would be interested in putting the set of 3 (2 rear and front center) to use on her red truck.

I'm thinking like $30 PayPal to cover shipping & your time to drop them at the post office? Would that be fair for nice used ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom