Terrain Tamer Lift - Install by Valley Hybrids (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got back from a road trip to Stockton to see Georg @orangefj45 and his crew at Valley Hybrids!

I have been wanting a modest spring under lift for my cruiser for a while. After discussing options with Georg I decided to pull the trigger on a Terrain Tamer lift kit. There's not a ton of information out there regarding Terrrain Tamer kits on 60's (yet) but everything I did see was very positive. I also wanted a comprehensive kit - springs, shackles, bushings, shocks, etc. This truck is my daily driver so I was after the best 'on-road' performance possible and their 'comfort' springs seemed to fit the bill.

The 3+ hour trip home last night was a great test of the suspension in a variety of road conditions - stop and go California freeway traffic, 75 mph crossing over Donner Pass, lots of potholes and poorly maintained surfaces. I couldn't be happier with the kits performance so far and having Georg and his team do the install was money well spent. Everything performed flawlessly - not sure I would have had the confidence to take that same trip immediately after installing it myself.

So let's get some pics posted...

Before pic - stock springs with AAL's fromt and rear:
image.jpg

Terrain Tamer Lift installed:
image.jpg

BTW, tires are 33x10.5x15

Another view before:
image.jpg

After:
image.jpg

Georg and team installed 4 degree castor correction shims, new braided brake lines, extended sway bar links (front) and a rebuilt steering gear box that I supplied. The truck handles remarkably better than before. Steering is tight and controlled for the first time in a long time and hurtling down the road at 75+ is a confident business now.

Underneath:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Continued...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Gotta find a good spot for this:
image.jpg

First impressions of the suspension are great. Firm so far but not nearly as stiff as my old springs with AAL's. No longer holding my kidneys over speed bumps. I expect it will settle in nicely. All the components appear to be excellent quality. All in all a massive improvement for my old truck.

Cheers!

-Ed

Last edited:
Ed how much was the lift overall? Thought we had talked at one point and your truck was about 2" lift. The new suspension kit seems like it is slightly taller. This is on my list should I ever decide to get rid of my setup.

Ed how much was the lift overall? Thought we had talked at one point and your truck was about 2" lift. The new suspension kit seems like it is slightly taller. This is on my list should I ever decide to get rid of my setup.

The AAL's gave it some lift over where it had been - dead flat. Maybe around 1-1.5", not sure. However, the rears AAL's had been on almost 1 year longer than the fronts and had sagged a bit. Then I lost about 200lbs. in front from the Vortec conversion and the rear really seemed low. Long story short things just weren't as they should be.

It's definitely standing taller. I really like iit. May post up some better pics soon.

I'm going by dated info. My old TT lift from about 7 years ago was 40mm (and yielded around 2.375" lift). Do you have before and after wheel well measurements? Do you plan on keeping the OEM bumpers or add armor since it is your DD?

J

Yes, stock for now. May add side steps/ sliders soon. My wife is vertically challenged and not loving the new height.

I did not measure before (should have). But again the stance was kind of wonky as mentioned and probably wouldn't have been very helpful for anyone.

Yeah I am gonna have to grab one of those stickers the next time I am in the area to see my dad. Hell if nothing else will have to grab one from him when the swap meet comes around..

Speaking of the swap meet, J (@reevesci) you going to head out this way with your wares for that?!

Yeah I am gonna have to grab one of those stickers the next time I am in the area to see my dad. Hell if nothing else will have to grab one from him when the swap meet comes around..

Speaking of the swap meet, J (@reevesci) you going to head out this way with your wares for that?!

When is it? If the 100 is in place at that time I might.

Get some step sliders! My wife uses them all the time. In fact, that's the main reason I had Jason build them that way! Lol

They are becoming very popular. :grinpimp:

J

Get some step sliders! My wife uses them all the time. In fact, that's the main reason I had Jason build them that way! Lol

Those are definitely badass!

Pic stolen from your build thread:
image.jpg

Hey! How's the TT lift treating you after a few years of use?

Yes, stock for now. May add side steps/ sliders soon. My wife is vertically challenged and not loving the new height.

I did not measure before (should have). But again the stance was kind of wonky as mentioned and probably wouldn't have been very helpful for anyone.
Add an A Pillar grab bar for her. It will help her entry, shows her attention and costs lests than 40$.

Just got back from a road trip to Stockton to see Georg @orangefj45 and his crew at Valley Hybrids!

I have been wanting a modest spring under lift for my cruiser for a while. After discussing options with Georg I decided to pull the trigger on a Terrain Tamer lift kit. There's not a ton of information out there regarding Terrrain Tamer kits on 60's (yet) but everything I did see was very positive. I also wanted a comprehensive kit - springs, shackles, bushings, shocks, etc. This truck is my daily driver so I was after the best 'on-road' performance possible and their 'comfort' springs seemed to fit the bill.

The 3+ hour trip home last night was a great test of the suspension in a variety of road conditions - stop and go California freeway traffic, 75 mph crossing over Donner Pass, lots of potholes and poorly maintained surfaces. I couldn't be happier with the kits performance so far and having Georg and his team do the install was money well spent. Everything performed flawlessly - not sure I would have had the confidence to take that same trip immediately after installing it myself.

So let's get some pics posted...

Before pic - stock springs with AAL's fromt and rear:
View attachment 1204547

Terrain Tamer Lift installed:
View attachment 1204550

BTW, tires are 33x10.5x15

Another view before:
View attachment 1204553

After:
View attachment 1204554

Georg and team installed 4 degree castor correction shims, new braided brake lines, extended sway bar links (front) and a rebuilt steering gear box that I supplied. The truck handles remarkably better than before. Steering is tight and controlled for the first time in a long time and hurtling down the road at 75+ is a confident business now.

Underneath:
View attachment 1204559

still loving this set up????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom