1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tequila!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Fly Rod, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Fly Rod

Fly Rod

Just sitting here looking at a bottle of El Tesoro Anejo ;) and thinking about all of the tequila's I have known. My spelling sucks but you will get the idea.

El Tesoro Paradiso, simply the best under $200. If you like tequila you own it to yourself to try it! I like it better than the Heredura Selection Supreme!

Heradura Selection Supreme. Receieved this as a birthday present. $325 bottle and it was pure candy! More of a liquer than a tequila. My wife thought it was out of this world.

Hornitos, Rocking good cheap tequilla. Makes outstanding margs.

Rio de Plato, not easy to find but good for cheap sipping.

El Tesoro Anejo, when I can't afford Paradiso my go to treat tequilla.

Other Tequilla related alchohol:

Don Amado Anejo Mezcal. No ****ing worm in this one. So good, and such a good buz, that I spilled boiling water on myself camping and said "oops." Seriously good s*** that is not the "mezcal" you know.

Del Maguey "Tobala." Again a gift I received that I wish I could afford. An authentic open fermentation mezcal that will rock your world. You will taste the hands that made the drink! Amaizing!

Racine???? I drank this on a beach in mexico with no roads going to it. My friend served it out of a one gallon milk jug. All I remember is doing two shots and the rest is very fuzzy. Went down like aviation gas and lifted me up like the space shuttle. Very cool s***!

I have drank soo many more that I can't remember :cheers: But these ones have etched their way into my databank.

How about you?

Fly Rod :whoops:

2. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

I drink a lot of Jim Beam, but haven't gotten to try a lot of other liqours. I am still just 20 so I have to stock up while I have somebody to buy it for me. Whenever I get the chance, it usually consists of a couple 30 packs of whatever and a 1.75 liter bottle of Jim Beam. As soon as I turn 21 (just about 2 months away, Oct. 4th) I will be able to try a bunch of different liqours. My ol lady loves Jose Cuervo (I think it tastes like piss), and I have only tried it once. That one time I filled the shot glass, licked the salt, and took the shot. I ****ing forgot to swallow because she was yelling at me! The lime didn't help much. I'll stick with my buddy Jim Beam which I can sip and be happy with without any salt and lime. Good liqour/beer doesn't need to be covered up or "served ice cold to make it taste good".

EDIT: PS--My ol lady already thinks I'm an alcoholic, but all I can say is that if I spend $325 on a bottle of tequila that I'd be single.

3. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

I think I have a post like this in archives ... 'cept I never admitted to have a 'problem' .. bwahahaa ;p

TY

PS: On a lighter note .. (less fruity, more robust) there should be an excess of rocket fuel down there now :doh:

4. 3puttcop

3puttcop

Beam and Cuervo are only good for mixing drinks in my house. Of course everyone drinking is of age.

like beam:

treat youself to Woodford reserve.

As far a tequila:

1800 Anejo...freeze it so it pours like cough syrup. MmmmmMmmmm good!

5. Fly Rod

Fly Rod

I was a guest for a hosted dinner, I rowed the guys to a win in a fishing tournement, and they fed alot of really good scotch. I really enoyed it but can't remember a single one. Jim Beam and I had a run in when I was 23 and we have not met since! I would love to revisit the various scotch's of the world.

Jose Cuervo sucks if it cost under $50 per bottle. The Family Reserve is very good, but over priced. Give your gal a couple of shots of Paradiso and you will get laid! s*** I would lay you for a couple of shots!

I would also love to explore more ports, memories of New Zealand and
    "Binky" cropping up! :)

Fly Rod

BTW,

If tequila doesn't say 100% agave it isn't. Don't waste your mony on imposters!

6. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Port ! Now you're talkin dude ...

I don't care how broke I am most the time .. I still cough up for a 10 yr old bottle of my favourite port. Not an expert ... but I know what I like . Conversely, I hate port that leaves a heavy alcohol taste in your mouth .. I find the nice ones are way more subtle than that.

TY

7. concretejungle

concretejungle SILVER Star

I like the corn mountain man made tequila.

8. Fly Rod

Fly Rod

Had some CMMMT at Outdoor Retailer a couple of years ago. Definitely in the Av Gas class!

My wife is a port fan. she will bring one home for a 'tasting." Ohh yes, the smooth flow of cherries down the gullet.

All is good in the world, I just put elk steaks on the grill!

Fly Rod

9. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

It's official ..... I hate you at this moment *stomach rumbling*

*opening a can of white chunk tuna to go with MY port*

:crybaby:

10. Urrrk

Urrrk

Media:
    Albums:
    Seconding that on the El Tesoro Paradiso. That's some good stuff. I've got maybe a couple of shots left in my bottle.

Seconding also on the Woodford reserve bourbon and the Port.

I like Chamucos tequila as well, but I always get in trouble when I drink it.

-E

11. hatfieldcb

hatfieldcb

So T Y, what's your favorite brand of port?

12. bull

bull

Media:
    Albums:
  13. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:

What he said....

14. Fly Rod

Fly Rod

I'll be right there! :cheers:

Fly Rod

15. Tigerstripe40

Tigerstripe40

<disclaimer, I live in Utah, we get @#$% for selection at the liquor stores>

My favorite has gotta be Cazadorres Resposado.
    It's ~40 a bottle where I live.
    Goes down DAMNED smooth.
    And makes the best margaritas in my book (according to The Recipe)

I've also tried Millagro Resposado, which is a good sipper, but it's too peppery imho for a margarita.

16. Fly Rod

Fly Rod

I have heard good things about Cazadorres but have yet to try it.

I'll give it a go.

Fly Rod