Tent Trailer Spy Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This has a been one pain after another. I finally have it to where I can take it this weekend and test out a few features. The tent is an eezi-awn t top. It raises up in the air a few feet and has an add-a-room that surrounds the ladder.

Still have lots of little things to add and work out but at least progress is being made.

Chad

Last edited:
why the frame?can't you just mount it to the lid of the trailer?

That's a nice lookin' tent! thumbs up

FirstToy said:
why the frame?can't you just mount it to the lid of the trailer?

That's a nice lookin' tent! thumbs up

My son Josh helped/welded on this with Chad, so I know.......he has 4 jack type thingies that will raise the aluminum frame up to roof top height so the changing room and the ladder are at the correct length......not sure all this is hooked up and working yet....then he can access the innards of the trailer, he did not show the cool drop down taligate Josh made....

Butch

that is a sweet trailer!
NICE JOB!
i also like the style of tent you used.
can you fill us in on where you got the tent?

i need a trailer bad ;)

again, nice job!! very nice.

Nice job! Got any shots of the tailgate? I'd like to see some shots of the front hinge mount, I am very curious.

2badfjs said:
that is a sweet trailer!
NICE JOB!
i also like the style of tent you used.
can you fill us in on where you got the tent?

i need a trailer bad ;)

again, nice job!! very nice.

This is what the tent will look like when completed.

http://www.eeziawn.co.za/ttop.html

I have been trying for three months to get all my parts in. Still missing the cover.

If I had to do it over again, I would call slee offroad and see if they could bring it in. I know they carry eezi awn.

Chad

Exiled said:
Nice job! Got any shots of the tailgate? I'd like to see some shots of the front hinge mount, I am very curious.

Thanks Henry.

I will get some detailed shots over the weekend. I didn't get as far along as I had hoped, but will be sleeping in it for the 1st time Saturday night. It has been a long time coming. :bounce:

Chad

Sweet trailer setup!

coolcruiserfj40 said:
how much do those tents run?

Mine was a one off deal. Not sure how much one would be from a vendor.

Last nights test went pretty well. I have some more pics and info I will post when I get a chance to sort through it.

Chad

coolcruiserfj40 said:
how much do those tents run?
They're spendy, I think I have seen similar ones for ~$1500, I'd love to have one.

THis is a pic of the 1st time the kids got to climb in. They quickly named it the "treehouse". I still have a ways to get everything done so that it's ready for Colorado the 1st week of August, but it is getting there. These tents are SO much more comfortable than a regualr ground tent. The kids loved it and Michelle was comfortable enough to actually get excited about camping again. I will post some detailed pictures of the hinge and tailgate soon. As well as some pics of the tent raised up and the add a room attached.

Chad

Last edited:
NICE! How's that foot extension holding up, doesn't it sway back and forth? Here's a lesson learned at Katemcy, carry 3-4 wide chunks of wood of different thicknesses, wide enough to put a wheel on. It will help you level that bad boy out when you get to camp. Oh, and carry a couple of chocks, too. I got these for Father's Day! Nice job on the trailer, Chad, looks great!
trailer wheel chock.jpg

Exiled said:
NICE! How's that foot extension holding up, doesn't it sway back and forth? Here's a lesson learned at Katemcy, carry 3-4 wide chunks of wood of different thicknesses, wide enough to put a wheel on. It will help you level that bad boy out when you get to camp. Oh, and carry a couple of chocks, too. I got these for Father's Day! Nice job on the trailer, Chad, looks great!

The leg extension moves more than I thought it would. The foot we welded on has a couple of holes in it. I drove a couple of tent stakes through them and pretty much solved that problem. The tent frame is designed to be lifted off of the trailer about 3'. I should have plenty of adjustment with the lift bars I am using to make sure that the tent stays level even if the trailer isn't. It will definantly be trial and error for a while though. I have all the parts in now to actually raise the thing up and see how it works. I plan on doing that this weekend. I will post pics of how it turns out.

Those chocks look great. I will have to put a pair of those on my "want" list.

Chad

Exiled said:

Tailgate shots.

Last edited:
Exiled said:

With the tent all the way up, it does sway a bit. Once I got the wheels stabilized it was as steady as if it were on a vehicle. I need to pick up another set of chocks. I am going to make some brackets for the bottom of the poles that can be staked to the ground. That should be enough but we will see.

Last edited:
nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom