Tent Lighting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LOL... well it hits all of my requirements
- small
- light
- standardized power source that can be easily found
- decent light output
- reasonable cost
Additional items are that it has a built in hook, has a "candle flicker" mode and can be plugged into a mini-usb which means that it can conceivably take a separate power source to power it.

The Coghlan's Candle Lantern is $4.75, you can buy tea lights anywhere. Just sayin...........

I just purchased one of these. I like the cleverness of the design - it folds up to sit on your dash or clip to your backpack.
51hLskO-w-L.jpg

And inflates to provide moderate ambient light. I think it will provide adequate lighting to sit in the middle of a folding table without blinding everyone and work well inside a small tent.
81B2ovFIDbL._SL1240_.jpg

I just bought this. A friend has one, pretty versatile little unit and the crank to recharge if necessary sold me.

All very cool recommendations. Been adding a lot of these to my Amazon wishlist and will grab something before Memorial Day hits (when most of the campgrounds open).

And inflates to provide moderate ambient light. I think it will provide adequate lighting to sit in the middle of a folding table without blinding everyone and work well inside a small tent.
81B2ovFIDbL._SL1240_.jpg

I just bought this. A friend has one, pretty versatile little unit and the crank to recharge if necessary sold me.

I haven't tried THIS, but thought it was original... and cheap... as long as you have a headlamp and don't drink that gallon of water.

So all three are variations on the same theme - illumination amplified via that plastic medium which helps diffuse the original point source over a much wider footprint. I got the light I bought in the mail yesterday and love the thing. When collapsed, it acts as a flashlight and the two power options are great at providing general lighting (low power) vs. something that's probably approaching 50 lumens (high power, pure speculation on my part but it's plenty bright). When incrementally expanded (via the accordion plastic column), the light starts to disperse much wider - great for table top or hanging inside a tent (included hanger nice touch). The ability to crank back some juice in the battery is really appreciated and it can also be used to trickle charge USB devices.

I couldn't be happier, $20 delivered for a multi-purpose light that hit all of my needs. Pick what you like, just passing along my impressions.

--t

Last edited:
Bought these from Ace Hardware--about $5 each--LEDs even has a little compass-3 AAA batteries. For $25 you could light up the campsite

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1923.JPG

@sggoat that is a pretty nifty little light.. We have an Ace here so I might have to run by and check soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom