SOLD Tempe, AZ 1989 FJ62 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Beige
Outside Link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Supp0MvD-zGe8S2kwfI3oBvc_ZMpOaoN?usp=sharing
Condition:
Great example of a cruiser that has been loved and well taken care of. Any 31 year old vehicle is going to have a few flaws, and I will outline every issue I know below. Per the vehicle history report I am the 4th owner. From what I have learned the original owner was based in Texas and put a majority of the miles on the truck. The 2nd owner was based in Texas/Boulder, CO and did a majority of the improvements (paint, trans rebuild, headliner, light lenses, etc.) Third owner was in the military and based in San Diego but the truck was registered out of Florida, however the truck was always in San Diego. Third owner did not do much on the upkeep side. I purchased the truck in 2017 with plans to keep long term so everything I did was looking at long term ownership.
Interior:
The interior body and doors were lined with Noico 80mil sound deadening mat. Huge improvement on overall noise while driving.
All the gauges work, but the oil pressure gauge can be a little temperamental. I have tested it with a direct oil pressure line and the pressure is solid.
The power antenna goes up and down quickly and smoothly, the rear defrost works well, the rear washer and rear wiper also works well. The front wipers also work well and the washer does also.
The headlight switch is original and the high-beam setting on the switch is starting to fail.
A/C was converted to R134A several years ago and runs very cold.
Front seats have been replaced with BMW E90 leather power seats sitting on Torfab mounts. If you are over 6’ tall then you understand why. Very comfortable leather seats with power adjustments.
The rear seats are in excellent condition and were either recovered in original fabric or they were very well preserved. No tears anywhere.
Tuffy Security Center Console mounted on top of the stock rear heater box which works great.
Leather wrapped steering wheel.
The headliner is excellent and was replaced in 2008 when the paint job was done by the prior owner.
WagonGear Tailgate Lid for additional storage. Took some time to get this piece.
The windows and locks all work and are original. I was going to do the relay trick for the window and lock motors like on the forum, but ran into issues with tying it to the alarm system. The driver's side window works very quick, the passenger's side works ok, and the rear two door windows are slower but do work fine and they always do work.
Windows tinted and they are legal on the front and a little darker on the back.

Exterior:
White Knuckler Sliders installed in 2017.
4PlusProducts front and rear bumpers along with heavy duty Crosby Domestic made D-rings.
New replacement Japanese made taillight lenses with Toyota NOS OEM rubber gaskets and Toyota NOS red side marker and yellow front side marker lenses and lights. Off-brand front yellow turn signal lenses from Australia
NOS OEM License plate light- chrome TOYOTA emblem for rear tailgate
Truck was repainted in 2008 by the prior owner and now has two locations where the clear coat is beginning to fail. There is no frame rust and the only body rust is one small area with rust under the paint at the bottom of the passenger door and another just below the gas fill door. All areas have been coated on the underside with POR15.

Engine:
This engine is in great condition and doesn't smoke nor does it use oil. It had a tune up at 230,000 miles and it runs as good now as it did when it was tuned up. The push rod cover plate gasket, oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, drive belts along with the water pump were replaced last year. These started as a general clean up of the engine compartment due to the leaking push rod cover plate gasket. One thing always leads to another.
The engine runs smooth and has good power for a 3FE. All smog equipment is present and still functioning.
K&N Air Filter element in stock housing
Mileage showing is 238,XXX, because the speedo cable went bad and it took the prior owner a month to replace it with a new Toyota unit. (Information from prior owners posting)
The radiator was replaced at around 190,000 miles. (Information from prior owners posting)
The temp never goes higher than a little above the first third of the gauge at low speed or at highway speeds.
Also, the underhood fan still works great and blows on the manifolds when the truck is shut down.
The engine bay has a new stainless battery tray and holds an Optima Red battery.

TRANSMISSION and DRIVELINE:
The trans was rebuilt at about 200,000 miles and has been running flawlessly. (Information from prior owners posting)
It shifts firmly and goes into gear well when cold or hot.
Denso Toyota tranny cooler installed. (Information from prior owners posting)
The Axles are stock 4.11 gearing and work flawlessly. The front hubs turn smooth and with the proper amount of resistance and work correctly.
The Transfer case works correctly and the 4wd button does engage the solenoids and turn on 4wd.
Within the last month the 4x4 light is illuminating while the truck is not in 4WD. Looking into this issue on the forum and it seems like a simple fix, but again I haven’t had the time.
The front hub seals are starting to leak. I have the SOR bearings and seal kit, but have not had the time to replace.
The Tie rods and main drag link is solid.
The brakes are all stock and are serviceable.

SUSPENSION WHEELS AND TIRES:
This truck has a Deluxe OME medium/light Dakar kit installed with the longer grease-able shackles and OME shocks.
Bilstein 5000 Shocks installed in 2019
New OME Shackle Bushings replaced in 2019
Toyo Open Country AT IIs mounted on black Fuel Rims. Less than 20k miles on tires purchased in 2017
The steering wheel is straight when driving down the road and the truck is very smooth going down the road.

SPARE/NEW/USED parts included
SOR bearings and seal kit
Intake/ exhaust manifold gaskets

I have a 3 ring binder full of receipts for labor and parts on the truck and some haven't even been added in yet.
Asking $18,500 obo.
I want to see this go to a good home and I'm flexible on price. Open to answer any questions that you have.

Link is attached with additional pics.

IMG_20200610_053651.jpg

IMG_20200610_053613.jpg

IMG_20200610_053937.jpg

IMG_20200610_054102.jpg

IMG_20200610_054129.jpg

Last edited:
Condition:
Great example of a cruiser that has been loved and well taken care of. Any 31 year old vehicle is going to have a few flaws, and I will outline every issue I know below. I purchased the truck in 2017 with plans to keep long term so everything I did was looking at long term ownership.
Interior:
The interior body and doors were lined with Noico 80mil sound deadening mat. Huge improvement on overall noise while driving.
All the gauges work, but the oil pressure gauge can be a little temperamental. I have tested it with a direct oil pressure line and the pressure is solid.
The power antenna goes up and down quickly and smoothly, the rear defrost works well, the rear washer and rear wiper also works well. The front wipers also work well and the washer does also.
The headlight switch is original and the high-beam setting on the switch is starting to fail.
A/C was converted to R134A several years ago and runs very cold.
Front seats have been replaced with BMW E90 leather power seats sitting on Torfab mounts. If you are over 6’ tall then you understand why. Very comfortable leather seats with power adjustments.
The rear seats are in excellent condition and were either recovered in original fabric or they were very well preserved. No tears anywhere.
Tuffy Security Center Console mounted on top of the stock rear heater box which works great.
Leather wrapped steering wheel.
The headliner is excellent and was replaced in 2008 when the paint job was done by the prior owner.
WagonGear Tailgate Lid for additional storage. Took some time to get this piece.
The windows and locks all work and are original. I was going to do the relay trick for the window and lock motors like on the forum, but ran into issues with tying it to the alarm system. The driver's side window works very quick, the passenger's side works ok, and the rear two door windows are slower but do work fine and they always do work.
Windows tinted and they are legal on the front and a little darker on the back.

Exterior:
White Knuckler Sliders installed in 2017.
4PlusProducts front and rear bumpers along with heavy duty Crosby Domestic made D-rings.
New replacement Japanese made taillight lenses with Toyota NOS OEM rubber gaskets and Toyota NOS red side marker and yellow front side marker lenses and lights. Off-brand front yellow turn signal lenses from Australia
NOS OEM License plate light- chrome TOYOTA emblem for rear tailgate
Truck was repainted in 2008 by the prior owner and now has two locations where the clear coat is beginning to fail. There is no frame rust and the only body rust is one small area with rust under the paint at the bottom of the passenger door and another just below the gas fill door. All areas have been coated on the underside with POR15.

Engine:
This engine is in great condition and doesn't smoke nor does it use oil. It had a tune up at 230,000 miles and it runs as good now as it did when it was tuned up. The push rod cover plate gasket, oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, drive belts along with the water pump were replaced last year. These started as a general clean up of the engine compartment due to the leaking push rod cover plate gasket. One thing always leads to another.
The engine runs smooth and has good power for a 3FE. All smog equipment is present and still functioning.
K&N Air Filter element in stock housing
Mileage showing is 238,XXX, because the speedo cable went bad and it took the prior owner a month to replace it with a new Toyota unit. (Information from prior owners posting)
The radiator was replaced at around 190,000 miles. (Information from prior owners posting)
The temp never goes higher than a little above the first third of the gauge at low speed or at highway speeds.
Also, the underhood fan still works great and blows on the manifolds when the truck is shut down.
The engine bay has a new stainless battery tray and holds an Optima Red battery.

TRANSMISSION and DRIVELINE:
The trans was rebuilt at about 200,000 miles and has been running flawlessly. (Information from prior owners posting)
It shifts firmly and goes into gear well when cold or hot.
Denso Toyota tranny cooler installed. (Information from prior owners posting)
The Axles are stock 4.11 gearing and work flawlessly. The front hubs turn smooth and with the proper amount of resistance and work correctly.
The Transfer case works correctly and the 4wd button does engage the solenoids and turn on 4wd.
Within the last month the 4x4 light is illuminating while the truck is not in 4WD. Looking into this issue on the forum and it seems like a simple fix, but again I haven’t had the time.
The front hub seals are starting to leak. I have the SOR bearings and seal kit, but have not had the time to replace.
The Tie rods and main drag link is solid.
The brakes are all stock and are serviceable.

SUSPENSION WHEELS AND TIRES:
This truck has a Deluxe OME medium/light Dakar kit installed with the longer grease-able shackles and OME shocks.
Bilstein 5000 Shocks installed in 2019
New OME Shackle Bushings replaced in 2019
Toyo Open Country AT IIs mounted on black Fuel Rims. Less than 20k miles on tires purchased in 2017
The steering wheel is straight when driving down the road and the truck is very smooth going down the road.

SPARE/NEW/USED parts included

SOR bearings and seal kit
Intake/ exhaust manifold gaskets

I have a 3 ring binder full of receipts for labor and parts on the truck and some haven't even been added in yet.
Asking $18,500 obo.
I want to see this go to a good home so I'm flexible on price. Open to answer any questions that you have.
Link is attached with additional pics.

View attachment 2362569

View attachment 2362570

View attachment 2362577

View attachment 2362580

View attachment 2362581
Hi there, could you unlock the photos folder please?

The picture link is apparently not working so I will post additional pics tonight and try a work around for another link. Thanks

Just to be clear, the 4wd all works it is just that the 4we light stays on when its placed back into 2wd?

Yes, the 4WD button engages the 4WD. Last month while driving on the highway the 4WD button illuminated then shut off, then illuminated again all without touching the button. I am going to spend some time on that item this weekend. I might get to the front seals as well since I have the parts, but then again it's supposed to hit 115 degrees on Saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom