Temp Spacer kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know who has a temp spacer kit? I have radflos on the wife's rig that I need to send off to get rebuilt and I have the stock coil overs at the house, I just want to put a spacer in there to get the same ride height to keep the tires from rubbing while the radflos are out.

I'm no help to you but i would like to know how many miles you have put on the randflo's - from new to the rebuild point

My Radflo coilovers lasted about 50k.

Thanks

depending on the amount of lift, there are a variety of Tundra spacers that range from 1 1/2 - 3" that should work in the short term.
will make the ride fairly rough, but should work.

Ok great, thanks. I wasn't sure if the Tundra spacers would work. And its only temp till I decide on rebuilding or ordering BP-51's, Icons or just doing OME all around. The truck is just leveled right now and looks great. But since we live in central Texas, she's gonna need an ARB or TJM soon, so we will see.

As far as I know they've got about 60k on them. The PO installed them.

I believe the Tundra struts bolt into the mount differently than the LC, so the spacer might not work depending on which type it is.

What size tires are you running? You might be able to get by at stock height or by adding the Toyota OEM spacer.

im running tundra icon coilovers, with stock cruiser spacers, everything lined up perfect.
@RTaylor, good point that the stock spacers may give enough clearance...

I wasn't aware they had and OEM spacer? Running 275/70 KO2's.

Also debating on wether it will be worth it to get Radflos rebuilt, They just replied to my email and said it will be $110 each to rebuild plus any extra parts needed, plus shipping there and back? Then theres the time I would spend uninstalling and then re installing, starting to think ordering something else so I only have to do the install once, even tough they said if I got them to them before a Wednesday they would have them back out to me in a day or two.

I have the oem Toyota spacer that I never installed if you want at discount? Still in the bag.

the stock spacer became available on the 2013 model. it is a 10 mm spacer. It gets about 18mm of lift.
check with Christo @ slee offroad and see if the spacer will give you enough room to clear your current wheel/tire combo.
based on other rigs here, I think you would be good to go for daily driving.
$110 for rebuild is cheap compared to the cost of new shocks.

swapping out the coilovers can be done in an hour, but i would get the alignment checked after each swap.
its a pain, but the price of doing business.

Also debating on wether it will be worth it to get Radflos rebuilt, They just replied to my email and said it will be $110 each to rebuild plus any extra parts needed, plus shipping there and back? Then theres the time I would spend uninstalling and then re installing, starting to think ordering something else so I only have to do the install once, even tough they said if I got them to them before a Wednesday they would have them back out to me in a day or two.

This is how I ended up with the FCP Ironman setup and used Rafdlos sitting in my garage...

This is how I ended up with the FCP Ironman setup and used Rafdlos sitting in my garage...

How does the Iron Man ride? Being that this is the wife rig, she will probably want something as close to stock as possible, or maybe whatever I tell her is best for the car she will like! lol

How does the Iron Man ride? Being that this is the wife rig, she will probably want something as close to stock as possible, or maybe whatever I tell her is best for the car she will like! lol

They ride great! Better than Radflo IMO.

They ride great! Better than Radflo IMO.

Great, who did you order from? Did it require the trim kit like a OME kits do? Not that all OME kits do, I have just seen in the past that on corner will need a little more to even out the truck.

Great, who did you order from? Did it require the trim kit like a OME kits do? Not that all OME kits do, I have just seen in the past that on corner will need a little more to even out the truck.

Metaltech.
No, the Foam Cell Pro struts are adjustable.

Wow, I just got a quote from Metaltech on the Iron man kit and he went over there warranty, I think a iron man kit will be the way to go and just get rid of the radflo's. That way I only have to install once. Still waiting on a call back from Ironman in Oregon with a quote, So far they seem to be very reasonably priced.

the stock spacer became available on the 2013 model. it is a 10 mm spacer. It gets about 18mm of lift.
check with Christo @ slee offroad and see if the spacer will give you enough room to clear your current wheel/tire combo.
based on other rigs here, I think you would be good to go for daily driving.
$110 for rebuild is cheap compared to the cost of new shocks.

swapping out the coilovers can be done in an hour, but i would get the alignment checked after each swap.
its a pain, but the price of doing business.

Thanks, yeah I've done plenty of coil over installs before, so it will be a breeze, but I work offshore so my time at home is pretty valuable plus I already have orders piling up for my home business. I also am looking to upgrade the rear springs, It seems with just two kids in the 2rd row the truck is blinding people with the headlights so I think we need a little heavier spring in the back. It does look pretty slick though the way it sits right now with the radflos just leveling the truck.

I have the oem Toyota spacer that I never installed if you want at discount? Still in the bag.

Thanks! I will keep that in mind if I decide to send the radflos off now. Really looking at the iron man kits. Doubt the wife will go for getting the BP-51's after my recent fire arm purchases.

Wow, I just got a quote from Metaltech on the Iron man kit and he went over there warranty, I think a iron man kit will be the way to go and just get rid of the radflo's. That way I only have to install once. Still waiting on a call back from Ironman in Oregon with a quote, So far they seem to be very reasonably priced.

Mine are the Foam Cell Pro shocks, which I really like as I mentioned above. Is that the route you're going?

For reference:
Ironman Foam Cell Pro
-45720FE, front $550/pair
-45796FE, rear $350/pair
-Add the springs you want for the front, too. I got the TOY063B, $170/pair
-$1150 for front coilovers and rear shocks

PS, MetalTech and Ironman share the same building in OR. Ironman does not sell retail last I checked, so they use MetalTech as distribution.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom