Tellico Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am sure everyone has seen Trollhole's invite on here but just wanted to post one more time for anyone that has had a change in plans this upcoming weekend, August 12, 13 and 14.

I am headed to Tellico to meet up with the Upstate Cruiser guys and camp / wheel / fish for the weekend.

Anyone from North Carolina that wants to come and represent ONSC, let me know.

These guys are working hard to make this an eventful weekend. If you don't have plans and want to jump in, let me know.

I am headed towards Murphy on Friday.

:beer:

Last edited:
I would love to but with the better half being laid off and me retired, funds and kinda tight, not too include me trying to work on the 45 also.

Sorry, maybe soon though.

Sorry I couldn't make it this weekend, maybe next time. I'm in the process of getting my Cruiser ready for a Labor Day wheeling trip.

Post some pics when you get back!

R.K.

You missed Redneck rafting. I for one would have driven 10hrs to see this.

IMG_4076.jpg

We had a great time. Pics are up in the S.C section. Ya'll ought to try to come to the annual meet in two weeks. It's going to be a huge turnout.

Great times in Tellico this weekend with Upstate Cruisers.

These guys know how to host an outing. The food and comraderie was fantastic.

I'll post some pics of the cruisers in attendance this weekend shortly. Really nice collection of cruisers in Tellico over the weekend.

Having never been to Tellico, it was AWESOME and I can't wait to go back.

We really need to get a trip organized over to Tellico and include those Upstate guys.

:beer:

Tellico is awesome, but I prefer it in the spring and fall. We should plan to join up with the STLCA when they have their yearly meeting in October. The leaves are falling and it's awesome out there for driving and sleeping. Also, If I'm going to make the 5+ hour drive, I usually like to take Friday off and drive up on Thursday night.

Agreed. The scenery will be awesome in Oct and the weather will be nicer.

It was hot, humid and wet all weekend.

Cooler temps for camping / sleeping would be great.

yea the cooler temps might bring out more bears and coyotes, and screaming rabbits,,,

3pits said:
yea the cooler temps might bring out more bears and coyotes, and screaming rabbits,,,

Man, was there some wildlife in the area or what???

Pretty cool stuff.

That coyote episode on Sunday was eerie with the fog and stillness of the morning. They were really close and we were surrounded.

That place certainly is wild. To cap if off, I saw a few elk near Cherokee while fishing on Sunday evening!!

do you guys know the dates of the STLCA meeting at Tellico??? I would be down for joining up with you guys then, I couldn't imagine anything finer than a cool crisp october day wheeling at Tellico..............

Hey JP.

I don't see where STLCA is going be at Tellico. Anyone?

Looks like they'll be at Coal Creek OHV on Oct 20-23 (from the website).

Has Upstate ever been over there? I've wanted to check it out for a while.

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/

Maybe they moved it. I haven't been in the last year because it fell on my anniversary, but Tellico is still the bomb in October. Wow, can't believe you guys heard coyotes. I've been going every year since 1996 and have never heard that or seen a bear. I did see a Mountain lion one year coming back from the GSMTR raffle though. That was impressive. Well, if they aren't meeting there this year, we should plan on hitting Tellico early in October. Perfect weather then....mid October can get pretty cold at night. I've been a few years when the raging campfire was actually a necessity. :)

There was definitely a bear there too. David (Gundy) and I couldn't go to sleep for that sucker walking through the woods all night groaning like chewbacca!!! JP and Chuck saw a Coyote I believe at their site.

I'd like to have sliders by OCT so that would work for me :D

That might have to do with where you are camping then. David sees bear every time and it's because of which side of the river he chooses. I like campsite 3 right on the river. I don't think the bears frequent that campsite at all....or it could be because of all the bear repellent I put out around the camp site. :) Recycled beer has to go somewhere.

October Tellico

It sure is nice. I've been a time or two.
STLCA moved the annual meet from Tellico a year or two back
I think. We were hoping they would move it back this year. :)
October is always tight for me. Pumpkin Festival the second week
(UC trip conflict) and Litchfield beach week( STLCA annual meet conflict).
Tellico in the fall.
Everybody ought to try it. You'll like it. I guarantee. :beer:

bear country rules

rutbeer said:
That might have to do with where you are camping then. David sees bear every time and it's because of which side of the river he chooses. I like campsite 3 right on the river. I don't think the bears frequent that campsite at all....or it could be because of all the bear repellent I put out around the camp site. :) Recycled beer has to go somewhere.

Spivey Cove Trash just seem to attract those darn bears.
Hehe...Ranger Bob and I were on the war path about putting
chit away.
Two nights running I and a few comrades policed the area
of bear lures.At 4:00am and then 3:00am. It worked. :)
The coyotes were drawn in because a P.C. (prior camper)
dumped left over dog food on the "good" site at Spivey Cove.
Tellico is such a trip on so many levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom