Telescoping steering wheel question. 02 lx470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've looked across several forums regarding a steering wheel fix. My telescoping wheel works fine, but does make a groan/squeak. I came across a thread the other day (which unfortunately I cant find again) referencing a way for the dealer to disable the auto features that bring the wheel forward/back when you start/cut off the ignition. From what I remember this specific post was from the early 2000s, so I was curious if there has been anymore recent developments on this. My lx has 190k on it, but I see the telescoping wheel motor eventually failing and wont to prolong the motor as long as possible.

Also, has anyone had any luck with greasing the components? Many of the threads I've come across reference replacing the motor but not specifically disabling the automated features or what to lubricate specifically. If there is a thread I've overlooked, I apologize. I'm relatively new to the forum and am still getting use to the layout. Thanks in advance!

x2 on Techstream. That's how I disabled mine.

Alrighty, well i just got the thing like 3 weeks ago or so, unfortunately i dont have any techstream equipment as of yet, so it looks like ill be taking it to the dealer at some point. I do wish they could have made the automated features an option to toggle on/off. I fail to see the purpose of it to begin with unless you're an extremely large human being who has to move the steering wheel each time you get in/out of the vehicle. Oh well, shoulda coulda woulda. Thank you both for the response!

Can confirm, I disabled it with a techstream cable and my laptop on my 99. The cable cost $25 and was one of the first things I bought after getting my LX. Looking at my Amazon history...I bought the cable the day after I bought the car. In case you are not familiar: How-To: TechStream In 5 Minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom