Teflon strips (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I know a few of you have put teflon strips between the leafs in your springs, but where's a good place to get it? If I can get a ride Saturday morning, I'm going to try and find some I can put in my springs.

I used the polyethylene in my '56 F100 AFAIK. But then they didn't have the nylon(?) buttons in the ends back then to keep them from digging in like the FJs came with. Gave it a pretty smooth ride, though.

Teflon is not a physically tough material. The OME springs use nylon, which is; HDPE would probably be an acceptable(if not quite as tough) substitute. You can obtain either from mcmaster.com if the locals are not helpful.

Pluton said:
Teflon is not a physically tough material. The OME springs use nylon, which is; HDPE would probably be an acceptable(if not quite as tough) substitute. You can obtain either from mcmaster.com if the locals are not helpful.

Well I couldn't get either, but with several thick coats of slip-plate and then a coat of the spray on (liquid, so good thing I managed to get some slip-plate) teflon I got over that, my springs are slippery as I'll get out. I could barely even even hold the buggers in place to put the front spring packs back together! They've got a MUCH more pronouced arch with the add-a-leafs installed, and the center part of the spring is about 2" lower than the bottom of my axle (which is on jackstands, duh), whereas without the add-a-leafs, they were just barely in contact with the axle. Can't wait to put the rear packs back together! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom