Techstream Software and cord, WHERE to buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I am fairly new to ih8mud and have read quite a few threads on using Techstream to look at the AHC Neutral pressures and other tasks. My big question is, where is the best and most reliable place to buy the cord and download the software? I have a Windows PC that does not have a CD driver. I am contemplating buying the cord in the amazon link below and then asking the seller to send me a link for a download? But I don't know if this is a flawed plan to start with? I am also unsure of what is the most up to date Techstream software available and where I should get it from and what I should pay for it. Any reliable help would be great!

Amazon product ASIN B07JWBK4G9

This is the cable that worked for me: Amazon product ASIN B06XGB714M
And this is the thread you'll need: How-To: TechStream In 5 Minutes. Follow the instructions to run a VM (so you'll run Windows inside of Windows). The VM has all the proper drivers and software installed—works right out of the box.

Wow! I didn’t realize a Mac could run techstream. I thought I had read on the forums it doesn’t. I just purchased a PC. Oh well, good to have one now! Thank you for the info! I ordered the $27 one from amazon instead of the 50 dollar one and will set up techstream using the thread you posted Saucebox!

This is the cable that worked for me: Amazon product ASIN B06XGB714M
And this is the thread you'll need: How-To: TechStream In 5 Minutes. Follow the instructions to run a VM (so you'll run Windows inside of Windows). The VM has all the proper drivers and software installed—works right out of the box.

So I ordered the one you linked instead, but now realize it says it only supports windows 7 and XP. Do you think the one that I linked originally would work with Windows 10?

Or would I simply look for a different link to download a windows 10 compatible version?

Last edited:
So I ordered the one you linked instead, but now realize it says it only supports windows 7 and XP. Do you think the one that I linked originally would work with Windows 10?

Or would I simply look for a different link to download a windows 10 compatible version?

Maybe. Might be a 32bit vs 64bit thing—I don't have any way to test.

I'd probably still run the linked VM (How-To: TechStream In 5 Minutes)—it's already got the drivers and everything baked in. Other than sorting out VirtualBox (free, and easy enough), it really is plug and play.

It does mean you'll run an old version of Windows inside of a newer version of Windows, but the performance should be fine if you have a laptop purchased within the last few years. Another advantage of the VM is that nothing on your base system can interfere with TechStream.

Edit: just saw your other post. Unusably slow isn't worth the hassle. But...I don't have an answer as to how to get TechStream on Windows 10.

I'd probably still run the linked VM (How-To: TechStream In 5 Minutes)—it's already got the drivers and everything baked in. Other than sorting out VirtualBox (free, and easy enough), it really is plug and play.

It does mean you'll run an old version of Windows inside of a newer version of Windows, but the performance should be fine if you have a laptop purchased within the last few years. Another advantage of the VM is that nothing on your base system can interfere with TechStream.

Edit: just saw your other post. Unusably slow isn't worth the hassle. But...I don't have an answer as to how to get TechStream on Windows 10.

I appreciate the thought you've put into it and I would agree with you if it weren't so slow.

I did find this link just now:

'

It looks like a lot to do tonight while I am tired but thinking about giving this a whirl tomorrow.

Thoughts?

Hi Saucebox,

Do you know if I had a Windows XP would I need to run it through Virtual Box or no, using the instructions from your original response?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom