Techstream help in DFW (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2006 LC with AHC with 160k miles. I am getting 9 notches on the graduation test. I would like to squeeze many more years out of the AHC system, and from looking at the posts, it appears that the best thing i can do at this point is to adjust/tweak the AHC pressure and torsion bar.

I am not computer inclined and setting up techstream to run properly seems daunting. Any chance there are any DFW folks that have adjusted their system already that could help me out by hooking my rig up to their computer and giving me some pointers on adjustments? Thanks in advance!

On Techstream, it typically defaults to LandCruiser (which had no AHC until later). You select vehicle type (choose LX obviously). Set the vehicle in LOW, run the diagnostic with key engine running and you in the drivers seat. Once the data populates, reset, switch AHC to NEUTRAL and run diagnostic again. Your front pressures should be between 6.7-6.9. Rear pressures should be between 5.8-6.7. To adjust the front pressure, you would first cross-level (measuring from the center of the hub to bottom lip of wheel arch. Once level, crank the torsion bars clockwise to tighten. I originally read pressures at 7.9 in the front and had to eventually crank my torsion bars 7.5 times each side to get into correct pressure. The rear is not adjustable as easily. You can either replace the springs (Kings tend to be the most popular option), add in a 30mm spacer at the top of the two springs and/or add in air bags (AirLift seems to be the most popular). Remember, adjusting the front will impact the rear. It's a dance between the two. If I were in Dallas, I'd help you out, but this is the best I got

You are a prince. Besides the techstream hang up, torsion bars are completely foreign to me and I was having a tough time deciphering the posts on that point. What's the best way to contact you?

You are a prince. Besides the techstream hang up, torsion bars are completely foreign to me and I was having a tough time deciphering the posts on that point. What's the best way to contact you?

Torsion bars are actually pretty simple. They confused me at first too though. In the simplest analogy, take a twist tie and hold each end between your index finger and thumb on both hands. Twist the tie with each hand moving in the opposite direction. You'll notice that the twist tie is now starting to coil up and build tension. That's what a torsion bar does. Each bar is anchored by splines on one end . The other has a big old bolt (30mm) running through an anchor point that when twisted clockwise, twists the torsion bar along its length. This adds more tension to the spring that is the torsion bar making the suspension "stiffer". The advantage to a torsion bar is that you can tighten them using the bolt or even re-index them (remove and rotate the splines 1-2 notches) and gain more suspension stiffness.

Send me a message via the forum - aka "start a conversation".

I'm in Fort worth and have been working on setting up my TechStream but won't have a ton of time to figure it out for a week or two. If you don't get it figured out soon let me know and maybe we can partner up or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom