Techstream freeze frame or real time monitoring help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
Hi,

I've been trying to diagnose some stalling on my 200, and have been struggling to get to the root cause. I don't have a CEL, but I have 3 stall related DTCs (P1603, P1604, P1605).

The FSM calls for using Techstream and freeze frame data in the diagnostic steps. I have a Techstream and it is working, but I'm not finding the freeze frame data.

Does anyone with Techstream experience have pointers for getting at freeze frame data?

The Techstream help file shows that when freeze frame data is available, there will be a snowflake icon in the leftmost column of the trouble code grid. I don't get a snowflake icon for any of the DTCs. That column doesn't even appear.

It may be as simple as those DTCs not triggering the capture of freeze frame data, but this is the first time I've used Techstream, so I don't know.

Alternatively, is there a way to monitor sensors realtime and log the data to a file? I have other car brand diagnostic cables that allow you to do this, so I suspect the Techstream has something similar. If so, where do I find that function?

Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me.

I suspect your tech steam is in read only or ‘botched install’ mode. I got one install fully licensed and complete and it will show more menu options etc. if the install isn’t perfect some options are not presented (not on the GUI at all)

Could be. I didn't actually install Techstream software, it is preinstalled on a VirtualBox VM that I got from a link posted here on 'mud. Maybe it was a botched install when they did it on the VM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom