tech lite-air cleaner plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Hopefully, somebody can save this as a sticky for when it comes up again [and I am sure it will] and I am not around.

Somebody asked recently about what to use to plug the air pump ports on the factory air cleaner assemblies. Well I was at the hardware store last night picking up some casement window cranks for the casa and walked right past a package of the PERFECT PLUGS!

They come 4 to a pack, cost $1.50 for the package. They are called CHAIR TIPS. Marketed under the Soft Touch line from Waxman, PN 6565. :idea:

I picked up a set just to check them for sure [not that I would need anything like this!] They fit better than O.J.s glove! :bounce: Picture perfect, and black to boot.

Maybe some of you Net-savvy youngins can find an online source for this and post a link to this thread. Then it will be even more useful.

:cool:

I've used crutch tips. Come in different sizes. Color doesn't match since they're a whitish, but so what, they work. So far, ca. 4 yrs., they've held up well with the underhood heat. Cost was less than a buck a piece.

Pic of the parts:
plugs.JPG

Will put it in the FAQ in a bit.

Good tip Mark!

:beer: :beer:

I used the top from a quart of oil. It worked good enough for my junker.

Whats wrong with good ol' duct tape. It already holds half of everything else together so why not that?

HOdag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom