Tech Day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will not be able to make it. If I get my towrig back I have to replace all the TRE and ball joints. If I don't get it back I have A growing honey do list before Winter comes.

I'm in. Any other electrical projects in addition to Rhea's brake light ground? Let me know so I know what to bring.

@emorth , I want to look at my wiper (lack of) speed and further discuss the idea of building a relay bank to take the stress off the switch.

I have junk plywood we use for the bobcat to not trash lawns, but I can't bring it in a forty. I will however pay for sheets if you buy them Stump. I don't care if they are trashed with oil or other damage. If you bring them when you pick up the stone, they have value to me even used as bobcat runners.

I have 3 tasks to address. Retapping or troubleshooting with different size bolts my hinge screws on the Beige forty.
Installing the synthetic winch line I won at GSMTR. Anyone wants a decent cable line it's yours. I ordered a new Tie Rod with all the trimmings to install but it may not arrive in time.

I may also be refreshing my 8274, specifically looking at the brake assembly, since it doesn't seem to be holding. So, if anyone is interested in observing how to disassemble and reassemble and 8274 winch, this may be of interest to you. I bought a brake kit and a lower rebuild kit, just in case.
@OTRAMM do you have a fancy tool for clamping the winch brake assembly, or do you do like the rest of us luddites and use c clamps?

Last edited:
Looks like Saturday is going to be ideal weather. Mostly cloudy and a high of 70.
I don't have any plans for lunch, so if we want to order pizza, bring some cash. Also bring the beverages of your choosing.

I may also be refreshing my 8274, specifically looking at the brake assembly, since it doesn't seem to be holding. So, if anyone is interested in observing how to disassemble and reassemble and 8274 winch, this may be of interest to you. I bought a brake kit and a lower rebuild kit, just in case.
@OTRAMM do you have a fancy tool for clamping the winch brake assembly, or do you do like the rest of us luddites and use c clamps?

I used spring clamps and as I recall, it took me two tries. There was a trick to it, but I forget what it was. Maybe it'll come to me when I see yours scattering across your bench and the floor.

I used spring clamps and as I recall, it took me two tries. There was a trick to it, but I forget what it was. Maybe it'll come to me when I see yours scattering across your bench and the floor.
I did this job once before, but it was many moons ago.

I'll be there. Just need to pull out some radio equipment and find the piece of metal up front that's vibrating so I can tighten it down.

What's the projected start time? Can someone Message me the address?

When I rebuilt my M12000 the Warn tech told me to twist the halves together 180 degrees so the spring compresses and brings the cones together, then just shove the whole assembly in together. He said the brake assembly parts aren't technically user serviceable so you won't find a Warn document that says this.

I'll be there. Just need to pull out some radio equipment and find the piece of metal up front that's vibrating so I can tighten it down.

What's the projected start time? Can someone Message me the address?

I'll be open for business at 0900.

Last edited:
Well the Fairfax Little League Bees took down the Fireflies 11-0 to advance to the Championship game on Saturday at 1:00. I'm hoping to swing by first thing in the morning though.

Should I bring the leftover burgers from the Swap Meet?

Last edited:
Well the Fairfax Little League Bees took down the Fireflies 11-0 to advance to the Championship game on Saturday at 1:00. I'm hoping to swing by first thing in the morning though.

Should I bring the leftover burgers from the Swap Meet?
Sure!

A well attended and successful Tech Day!
Thanks to all who showed up.
The fun started right before 9AM and the last truck left around 8:30PM.
Someone else may need to recap all the jobs that were accomplished today. I do know that @emorth was a popular guy, as usual.
I got the winch put back together and Lex and Steve K helped me mount it back on the truck.
IMG_20171028_203032.jpg
IMG_20171028_203102.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom