Tech day, Monday the 26th in Fairfax? Anyone down? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know its the day after Christmas but since half of you probably aren't going anywhere (or want to escape the house) and may have the day off, I thought I would see if anyone was interested in helping me tune my truck up. Everythings ready, minus the broken air rail that I'm attempting to fix. Lets get my hibernating beast running and out of it cave!

It basically needs the timing set, valves adjusted, and the carb set up. I need feeler gauges, timing light, and a vacuum gauge. Otherwise I think I have everything.

Since I replaced the head, the truck hasn't moved an inch. Does that mean the timing is still set to whatever it was before the rebuild? Could I just adjust the valves and plop the carb on, as it was, and get it going that way for now? Or would this possibly be screwing with my nice new valves, seals, and head?

Anyhow, My address is
4292 Marly Garden Lane #101
Fairfax, Va 22033

The truck is in a gargage on LeVau Ct in the same apt. community. I can BBQ some dogs and burgers and keep the holiday spirit going with some booze. Tell me what kind of beer you like and lets hope for good weather ( I have one of those pop up tents if needed). I really want to go wheeling next time!

My cell #s are (703)863.3833 and (703)231.9691

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Andrew

Sorry, I won't be able to make it. I'll be driving back from my parents' house in Cleveland that day. I still have Rob's vacuum gauge that I'll try to get to you.

Do you want me to send this to the list?

Sure. That would be great. I have family in the Cleveland area too.

Nevermind, you beat me to it.

I grew up in and around Cleveland. My parents live in Chardon. Where's your family?

They are in mentor, wickliffe, euclid, and willouby (sp.?) All on the east side. Is chardon on that side or is to the south? Don't think I've been there before but I've heard of it.

Yeah it's on the east side. Chardon is about 15-20 minutes south of Mentor.

And nice truck!

Sebastien and John, Thanks again for all the help. I'm going out today to investigate the manifold leak or just hope theres lots of crap burning off of the outside of the exhaust! Then maybe i'll reinstall the hood!

How'd it go? Is your truck running ok?

The starter is still clicking with no response a few times before it turns over (why I don't know?) and I need to tighten up the exhaust bolts on the downpipe and possibly the manifolds as well tommorrow. I went out today to try and see where the smoke is coming from and I think thats it. Otherwise, it idles nice and althought the valves were only set cold, it sounds pretty good. Hopefully, after tightening some things up tommorrow, it'll be ready to go. Then I can go pass inspection!

Andrew, Thanks for having us over! The starter not cranking may be the contacts inthe starter itself. Pretty cheap to replace those, probably less than $20 from the dealer. Glad to here you're running down the leak!

JB

Hey Andrew, left you a message. did you get your truck running?

you should try getting someone to plug up the exhaust with a cloth so that you can locate the leak, then go from there. i think i have one too in my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom