Tech Day March 19 Iron Pig this Saturday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John Smith

In the garage
SILVER Star
Threads
Is this still on for this Saturday? The other thread has been quiet since the in class electrical day.

Part 2
Garage session to fix/modify/install/customize electrical "stuff" on your vehicle

7 Rodney Lane
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
540-361-7400

Date: 3/19
Time: Starting around 9 or 10 and going until ???

Edited start time to reflect reality.

Last edited:
Yes, should be arriving between 9am and 10am on Saturday.

I'll be there.

I will be bringing test equipment to tune antennas. How many antennas are we tuning?

Other than the misc parts to install the headlight relay cables we made last week, Von Hayeks connectors, Yukon LXs lights, and Blue77FJ40s wire, what other projects should I prepare for?

When is a good starting time for everyone? Cam?

Ed

I have a Slee auxiliary light harness to install. Should I bring it down on Saturday or are there enough projects already? Happy to just watch and learn if there are already enough.

By the way, I am not a member but am hoping to become one on Saturday. Tom told me I needed to look for Sam to pay dues (I'm already a TLCA member) ...

Ed, I need my antenna tuned.

Brenden, I would say bring your kit should be plenty of folks to help out

And hopefully will have my fuse distribution block to install if it ever comes in....

I may drop by for a bit. I'm going to install an antenna soon. It would be helpful to see how others are mounting theirs.. :beer:

Edit: I'm out.

Last edited:
John you going? If you are I'll bring that manual with me.
Are we doing a CB antenna tuning day?
I think I'll be there for a bit depends on the whether.

Whether I feel like working on the cruiser or whether not.

Cant wait!

Looks like we are going to tune quite a few antennas.

Ed

Sounds like this Tech Day is going down the SWR...:grinpimp:

How about we install my entire "painless" wiring harness on Saturday too?:eek:

brendan - welcome. I just joined and also just did a slee harness :)

John, are you going down, if so, are you driving? I'm considering working with IPOR for some work (IPOR skid plate, and caster correction bushings at the minimum) and mentioned to Cam me taking it down there and leaving with them if i could catch a ride back home with another member - wondering if you're going and if so what time you're returning? (and if I could catch a ride back with you?)

Cam, we met at the last tech day (I drive silver two-tone 80 with 37's and J-springs without caster correction) I'm not sure I can swing sliders just yet, but I'd like:

1) caster correction
2) ipor t-case skid plate
3) previous owner included new tie-rod-ends, they're in the center console, so if you could inspect the current ones while doing the caster correction bushings and let me know how the TRE's look, then's the time if the old ones look worn

Ed, my firestick is installed on front bumper, and power was run last weekend to the center console area, so i'm looking to add a permanent mount for my CB, using the antenna coax there as well, so I would be up for a tuning.

Thanks, all.

Its still a go. I'm not 100% on the starting time though.
Are you coming down for this one?

Yes, I'm going to catch a ride down with Dan in his tow truck. He has a surprise.

John you going? If you are I'll bring that manual with me.
Are we doing a CB antenna tuning day?
I think I'll be there for a bit depends on the whether.

Whether I feel like working on the cruiser or whether not.

Yes, name your six.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom