teatnus sow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those are the headlights! I guess silver star makes some cheap halogens if you want to save some money

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1397703642.729708.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1397703655.478665.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1397703673.211849.jpg

I was waiting for the mobile app to work again. Here is the update. Cut the ends off the old twistes bumper and had a piece bent up. Welded on the ends and started drilling holes. I used the old outer factory bumper supports and some new extensions. I finished recovering the seats after rebuilding the seat springs and installed new foam. That took some time. Still messing around with my turn signals. Retapped rear turn signal screw holes. Wire wheeled front grounds. Tried a different stock flasher. I have turn signals when running at a decent rpm, left stops flashing when brake is applied. I guess I might pull the rear ts buckets and sandblast them, anyone have any tips? Thanks

...via IH8MUD app

@greenpig they came from cruiser corps.

...via IH8MUD app

I think I finally solved my turn signal problem. the headlight switch plug and switch seem to have shorted out.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1400115268.704728.jpg
it seems to be working much better I hope I finally Solved the problem. I hope this helps someone else thanks

My turn signal problem was resolved by switching the front turn signal wires to the opposite configuration. I didn't know the filaments were that different in the bulbs to make a difference.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1426991174.050874.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1426991183.586140.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1426991193.537039.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1426991205.969712.jpg
cruiser crapping.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1426991233.521537.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1426991242.956300.jpg

I was going to try this 80 dollar Hei dist after I checked the drive gear against stock. I wanted to see if this would be better than a stock with pertonix nonrecurved with my 38 weber. It can from eBay. Any experience? Thanks all

The PO installed one on mine. I drove it from Arkansas to New Mexico with no problems. It started and ran smooth every time. Of course that was 2 years ago and I haven't ran the motor since. It's a larger distributor than stock, which involved re-routing, raising, the hard piped section of a heater line. Whenever I get the motor up and running again I plan on keeping it.

The paint is acrylic single stage. Not anything out of the ordinary. Quite a few dry spots, I plan on redoing it in sky blue at some point.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

With you working on the 45 so much, I just figured you put the 55 in the back. Good to see you're using it. Looks great outside.

Still using it, the tranny is a little louder than my other 4 speed, and it doesn't like to stay in first gear.....I think I need to go thru it. I still need to put a stock exhaust manifold on it and redo the exhaust so I can hook up the pto winch. Some little issue with the left turnsignal making the left headlight flash ... some kind of crossover going on. Needs a headliner... a repaint.
Thanks all a sizeable project in itself. But it goes down the road, so I will use it until I can't. Guess thats the story will all this old stuff. If you didn't address it all, it catches up to you. Motor runs great, lots of power, and it drives nice, no real leaks, good brakes. Time to have some fun!!! Kids fight over the jump seat I put in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom