Teardrop trailer rental??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to try out a teardrop style trailer with my wife for my FJ40 before jumping in and buying one... Does anyone know of an outfit that will rent them? Anybody here in AZ want to rent theirs out for a weekend?

I believe Sierra expeditions does..

Yes, Offgrid teardrops unless something has changed this season. You are welcome to check out my VRV Teardrop sometime as well.

Turtle back and Bivouac both used to rent but neither anymore. Not teardrops, but both make a nice trailer and both made in Phoenix. Worth checking them out in person since it’s local. I have a Bivouac Moab Fort XL, I think a couple more club guys have the same. Very happy with it

Feel free to DM me about trailers in general. I was originally planning on renting (from off grid)to try out for this summer, ended up buying instead and love it. Huge improvement to camping experience.

I also own a MOAB Fort XL. You can check them out here. Moab AZ | Home of Bivouac Camping Trailers We love it. You are more than welcome to come see it and or borrow it. Very easy to tow.

Let me know.
Yeah awesome company to deal with too. Ron at Bivouac can really customize and do whatever you want. Such hard working dudes there. I second the easy to tow thing you don’t even notice it. I have mine at his shop now getting some upgrades for summer. I really enjoy having the company local that I can easily bring it in when I want things.

I've rented from Sierra Expeditions and RV Rental Outlet on Main in Mesa. The experience with Sierra Expeditions was great. Trailer was just what we wanted, had all we needed and worked great. It's a SoCal Teardrop Krawler. No issues with either the trailer or Sierra. I'd recommend them.

I would NOT, however, recommend RV Rental Outlet. There's nothing inherently wrong with their teardrop trailer, it's a T@G (NOT the boondock) and it was fine by itself. But, we had issues with the fridge (never worked on battery power), I had to repair the propane regulator hose to the tank, and the second burner on the propane stove never worked. Upon bringing it back, they pretty much shrugged their shoulders and didn't care. They generously offered me a free day of rental the NEXT time I rent from them.

So I'd recommend Sierra. But reserve it in advance I believe they only have 1 trailer. Good luck!

I ran across this flyer while in Flagstaff last weekend. I know nothing about the company.

Arizona Toy Camper Rental – Flagstaff – Sedona – Grand Canyon Region

IMG_0594.jpg

I've rented that trailer (see above) the T@G, but not from aztoycamper. It's pretty good. Roomy for 2 we slept in it 3 nights and no complaints. Never ran out of water or propane used the stove twice a day. I'd make sure the trailer will power the fridge when off-grid, ours wouldn't. Never found out why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom