Teardrop Testing in the Mojave (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.adventureduo.com
Don't remember posting this here, been so busy lately.

We had an opportunity to take a SoCal Teardrop Krawler 459 out and see how it faired. Well it did so well we bought it.. read more here..

The Adventure Duo: Teardrop Testing in the Mojave Desert

For those that don't know SCT makes the tear for AT. AT puts it on their chassis. SCT's is a leafsprung/shock setup while AT's is a A-arm / bag suspension. We chose what was right for us and what i found to be more reliable. I can fix leaf springs with bailing wire and a block of wood in the middle of no where. However, both are great trailers and are virtually the same after you pick which who's chassis you want.
IMG_3855.jpg

A shot of the trailer as ours now. Our old wheels/tires and painted to match the two-tone with genuine Toyota paint color as to touch up we can go to the dealer. I left the top portion anodized aluminum because it matched just fine and i felt bad painting the skin at all. We tried to wrap the trailer but it just didn't come out right. Overall, after selling the Horizon we are still happy with our decision and have zero regrets.

sstear.jpg

The interesting part will be the heat in the summer, we have a cigarette 12v fan and a ceiling roof fan with vent. We are also going to be working with SCT to develop screen doors for the trailer. More on that later.

Great setup Dave...glad to see you guys enjoying it more and more...
and it's not a heap of junk like some other brands out there.

just one question.....?

is that your pink bathrobe in the camper?

had to ask.....:cheers:

Happy Trails and thank you for the trip reports as always!:beer:

Thanks for the kind words. Actually that was the weekend of Yoshi's birthday... someone gave her a Pink Snuggie :D The pink sweatshirt inside is Yoshi's Jeep sweatshirt.. yep, i know i said Jeep. She has a 2004 TJ.

Very Nice! It matches your 80. It is very nice to see couples enjoying the outdoors.

Thanks for posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom