teach me about turbos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

don't worry about a muffler...... a 3b with a turbo and no muffler, sings sweet.

yep

Can one turbo a gasser 2f? Any advantages?

don't worry about a muffler...... a 3b with a turbo and no muffler, sings sweet.

yep

one man's music is another man's noise

Can one turbo a gasser 2f? Any advantages?

search turbo on the 60 section and 40... you should find the ones with turbos. I am sure I have seen a thread about it.

i spent about $200 on my merkut turbo(ebay), about $160 on pyrometer, $50 on boost gauge, $50 on nickel iron weld rod (to weld on exhaust manifold) got stainless tubing from work (free) for oil lines, and some aluminum pipe for intake (also nabbed @ work). And then spent about $200 on upgrading my exhaust which i didnt really need to do.

so the turbo can be done on a budget if your resourceful and have access to metal, and tools.

thats sounding more like me.

although i dont have the metals and what not, i still hope to get it done cheap.

well i didnt have time to go to the shop this weekend,but i will get there, so ill let you know how i get on when i get there.

have a look on trademe or ebay for a turbo and pyrometer and boost gauge (i have seen th prices of gauges and stuff in NZ)

try to get a turbo with very little play in the turbine shaft and spins without touching anything, also try and find one with a wastegate included.
there is a thread in the 60's section about pillar gauge pod, i would look into getting one of those and maybe throwing an aftermarket oil pressure gauge in too.

Many ways to do the exhaust manifold, but basically you build it around the turbo for clearance of the hood etc.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom