TDS - Feb28-Mar2 - Anyone Going? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was going to take a run up to the snow with the kids tomorrow but, might head down to TDS instead. Would be good to catch up with the group and do some wheelin.

We're thinking of doing TDS in the AM and heading to the snow later in the day.

We're thinking of doing TDS in the AM and heading to the snow later in the day.

Not a bad idea. Idyllwild is on the way back and is a fairly quick drive up the mountain.

Not a bad idea. Idyllwild is on the way back and is a fairly quick drive up the mountain.

Just checked the weather report. Idyllwild is expecting less than an inch of snow overnight but Big Bear is expecting 8-12". :hmm:

I will be rolling out with an Lx450 and a shiny new Raptor Sat morning. :) Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD App

I spotted you guys out there today.

image-1003641321.jpg

Although I didn't see any LC rigs out there that I knew or recognized, I did go to the vendor area and pay a visit to Dave and Yoshi as well as Dylan from Icon. We did a nice trail run on Saturday but mostly enjoyed our big bonfires at our group camp both Friday and Saturday nights. It was nice to get out and use the 80 again after such a long break. I only grabbed a couple of quicks shots at camp.

IMG_7750 copy.jpg

IMG_0341 copy.jpg

I spotted you guys out there today.

HA! Right on! I saw a bunch of nice 60 Series and a few 80's. We saw SoCal Frank as we were leaving the vendor area and said a hello to Dave at his Trasharoo booth.

We went back over to Font's point, then did rock house trail until it got a little tight for the Raptor. And on the way back out my boss caught a point rock with both front and rear passenger tires! :eek: And it pinched the sidewall against the bead lock. So both brand new BFG AT's had two sidewall holes on both tires!
We did a field plug on one and then the other but the front had a bulge so we figured we better put the spare in place of that one.
We continued on to Coyote canyon and the crossings suck and the rock garden had maybe one pot hole in it to keep a Subaru out! :censor:

We had to do a re-patch on the tire again at the end of the trail where my buddy and I aired up but it blew out immediately so we limped it to the tire shop in town that was just closing. The sold us a tire too small but it got us home with the dash board lit up like a christmas tree. So $50 for a donor tire to get home and $700 for two new BFG's in Poway on Monday! it was an expensive trip for my boss.
But it was a good lesson for the kids that were with us about the Tortouse and the Hair! Land Cruisers and the Raptor! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom