tcase seal install - big socket/driver???

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by 2rivers, Feb 26, 2007.

1. 2rivers

2rivers

What does a guy use as a seal driver to put this in to the tcase (replacing front output shaft seal)? Biggest socket I got is 2" I thin kI need 2 1/4" I really dont want to buy just this 1 socket for this job. Any ideas on common household item - a soup can alsmost seems to have near right diam just too flimsy. Space is limited for a hammer/wood block tap-tap method especially at the top.

Thanks,
    Johnny

2. mtb_rider

mtb_rider

Just go to the hardware store and get a large fender washer in the size you need. It wouldn't be more than just a few bucks, if that, and use a drift or any type of shaft or bar to drive it.

3. Cruiserdrew

Cruiserdrew On the way there SILVER Star

If he is talking about the seal on the t-case input, it would take the biggest fender washer ever made!

I just used a brass drift and drove it in slowly and carefully.

4. 2rivers

2rivers

No fender washer gonna work. Like you said Andrew guess i'll try and tap it in with a drift.
    Cheers

5. mtb_rider

mtb_rider

Just a suggestion. I have a big azz washer at work for installing seals in outdrives and works great. But it is a big one and I don't even know where I acquired it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.