Tcase bearing Numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently talked to a bearing/ seal wholesaler who claims to to be able to get any bearing delivered to me.

Friend of mine was putting a rear locker into his Bj and wanted to know if i could find some seals and bearings for his axle... so i tried this guy and he told me to get him the number, he called back and had the bearings and seals wich were made domestically and were quite cheap, i recall $12 a piece..

What i was wondering was, has anyone here tried to find the Tcase bearings other than Toyota.. they want $90 for jsut the rear. i havent ordered it yet and dont have the numbers for it yet, as its not pulled apart.

if anyone knows the number of the bearings and can post them that would be great, otherwise i will take the long way, and make a compilation of these numbers for future reference.

jon

I didn't even know they had numbers. I normally take a sample with me to a big bearing distributor who sells other brand bearings like TIMKIN and they look in their catalog for a match. Other brands normally cost a lot less than original Toyota parts from the local dealers.

Kalawang

ok so you physically take the bearing there.. i looked at the numbers etched into the race, and used them over the phone..
not sure what the number of the one you got ? i have to drive there to get the bearing.

What application is your T-case? I don't know alot of the non-US stuff, however I stock all the US application T-case bearings, and could give you a Koyo part number (which could then be transfered to a Timken) in most cases. LMK :D

Koyo is generally Toyota OEM. I bought Koyo bearings for my H41 in the FJ45LV restoration and all the bearings except for the loose ones on the input/output shaft and the caged needle bearings were about $120! That's 5 Koyo bearings (eqivalent to OEM, once out of the box there is NO difference) for a total of $120!!

mk1pickle said:
ok so you physically take the bearing there.. i looked at the numbers etched into the race, and used them over the phone..
not sure what the number of the one you got ? i have to drive there to get the bearing.

Didn't mean to turn you off. Dealers here can also take orders by phone, but only from established regular customers who have a credit line with the dealer. People like me have to go physically and purchase over the counter so it's normally better to bring your sample and do a comparison if they have a part that seems right. Having become used to the system, I stopped looking for parts numbers.

It also helps that they can let you know if you should keep searching or if you really have to go to Toyota in case nobody else makes the right size part.

Kalawang

cruiser_guy said:
Koyo is generally Toyota OEM. I bought Koyo bearings for my H41 in the FJ45LV restoration and all the bearings except for the loose ones on the input/output shaft and the caged needle bearings were about $120! That's 5 Koyo bearings (eqivalent to OEM, once out of the box there is NO difference) for a total of $120!!

$120 US? For future reference, I sell a complete transmission rebuild kit for the 4 speed for $175, Koyo's, seals, gaskets, etc... However $120 for 5 individual bearings is a good price.

the application is the diesel split tcase, mated to a 4speed. its out of an 82 bj60.
if you could find the numbers that would be awesome!

jon

cruiseroutfit said:
$120 US? For future reference, I sell a complete transmission rebuild kit for the 4 speed for $175, Koyo's, seals, gaskets, etc... However $120 for 5 individual bearings is a good price.

But I'd have to get it here and that can be expensive here in Central America. I've found at home (Canada) that if the bearing place thought the bearing might be automotive generally the answer was then "NO don't have it!" whereas if you have a number you have a better chance.
Seals here are about a buck each!

mk1pickle said:
the application is the diesel split tcase, mated to a 4speed. its out of an 82 bj60.
if you could find the numbers that would be awesome!

jon

What is different about a diesel split case? As far as I have seen (very few BJ/HJ's) they are the same as the US spec T-cases. Which bearing in particular are you in need of? If you need them all, then it is going to be cheaper to buy a complete T-case rebuild kit...

Also, most bearing manufactures should be able to cross the Toyota part number, I know Timken has an interchange book, I am sure Koyo ones exist too...

commercial bearing, BCbearing both carry almost all the bearings in KOYO brand here in Calgary. the roller bearings i coudl not get my hands on after market...
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom