TBI Throttle Cable?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to figure out my best approach for running a throttle cable for the TBI conversion on my 78 2f. I had a Weber carb previously, so I have the cable that worked for that situation. Unfortunately it’s either way too long for one configuration (pulling the top of the throttle toward the back of the vehicle) and way to short for the other (looped under and pulling the bottom of the throttle toward the front of the vehicle).

Anyone have any suggestions? I’m striking out on alternatives from the local auto parts store.

I’m in the middle of a Sniper install and I’m using Jim Downey’s cable. There’s an adjustable end fitting on each end of the housing. On one end the fitting is fixed/crimped on, and the other end fitting is loose so you can trim the housing to the length desired. I guess you could crimp on the loose end, but I did not, and it functions fine. I have no master cylinder in the way so my setup may not work for you, but the pics may help you with ideas. I modified my mechanical linkage pedal. The loose end fitting is at the Sniper.
"Steamer's Sniper Install"

See if my ebay #264370387954 will work for you. Mud guys do not buy from me on ebay though, I merely send a PayPal invoice- - - - - - - - -easy deal.

I’m in the middle of a Sniper install and I’m using Jim Downey’s cable. There’s an adjustable end fitting on each end of the housing. On one end the fitting is fixed/crimped on, and the other end fitting is loose so you can trim the housing to the length desired. I guess you could crimp on the loose end, but I did not, and it functions fine. I have no master cylinder in the way so my setup may not work for you, but the pics may help you with ideas. I modified my mechanical linkage pedal. The loose end fitting is at the Sniper.
"Steamer's Sniper Install"

Got it. Thank you for the tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom