TBI sbc heater hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to figure out how to run the heater hoses off my newly installed sbc TBI because I beleive it is different than an older carbed sbc. I've searched but can only find the older style conversions. There is a heater/coolant hose coming off the rear passenger side manifold which I believe would be theoutlet off the manifold to the inlet to the heater core. Does the heater core output go back into the bottom radiator hose like the orignal 1 f on my 40 did?

This also may be a silly question but can I block off the heater hose coming off the TBI manifold until later without affecting motor cooling like the 1f could?

Last edited:
I think on all SBC blocks the heater return line is right on top of the pump itself, by the stat. Yes, you're right about the heater source bit being relocated, my SBC runs a Q-Jet, and the coolant outlet for the core is on the front of the manifold, off the passenger's side.

What you would best do is instead of blocking off the port, just get a length of heater hose from Napa, and loop the outlet into the inlet until you're ready, that way the coolant's still circulating.

Thanx for the reply Combat! :beer:

While I do have a port on top of the water pump, it would be nearly impossible to get a heater hose to it b/c of the serpentine belt setup and the idler pulley and bracketry block it off.

I'm guessing I'll plumb it into the lower radiator hose for now? Any other thoughts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom