Taurus Fan Ques. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

invest in a very good Circuit. I went through 10 radio shack/ auto zone circuits form the amount of amps it pulled when It came on in my mustang. The casing would eventually melt and the fan would not come on.

My .02. The fan was a life saver in traffic in the Texas heat. That and my summit aluminum radiator made it run at around 170, and while the car was coming up to temp, I was able to shut the fan off all together, thereby freeing up the power that would have been used by the manual fan.

Pm me if you need a fan I got a new one siting in the Garage

Good mod, search around and you'll find the part number for heavy duty relays from NAPA. There's a pretty high current draw when it first fires up (~70 amp or so) before it settles down. The standard cheapo relay isn't going to do the trick.

I was under the impression that the Taurus fan wouldn't fit with the 2F motor and this was only for V8 conversions (?)
Per the OP's original question: anyone have them in a 2F? Pics?

I'd like an electric to be able to shut it off for water crossings.....

freeing up a little extra HP is also one of the reasons im switching.

You will not notice a difference in power with a 2F.
Good mod, search around and you'll find the part number for heavy duty relays from NAPA. There's a pretty high current draw when it first fires up (~70 amp or so) before it settles down. The standard cheapo relay isn't going to do the trick.
I've been running the same cheap bosch relay for mine since I installed it about 8-10 years ago.

i didn't have issues with relays, i had issues with fuses. i needed 40 amp breakers, 30 amp glass fuses would melt the ends off. no issues once i went to the 40amp breakers though.

mine was behind a v8, but why do they say they won't fit with a 2f. it's pretty much the same depth as a shroud i would think. bolted up to a recored stock rad easily

nuclearlemon said:
i didn't have issues with relays, i had issues with fuses. i needed 40 amp breakers, 30 amp glass fuses would melt the ends off. no issues once i went to the 40amp breakers though.

mine was behind a v8, but why do they say they won't fit with a 2f. it's pretty much the same depth as a shroud i would think. bolted up to a recored stock rad easily

Another option is using a fusible link instead of a fuse. They are able to handle the high initial amp draw better than a fuse.

2Fs are longer than V8s...very little room between a 2F and a radiator. Especially in Pigs.

but why do they say they won't fit with a 2f. it's pretty much the same depth as a shroud i would think. bolted up to a recored stock rad easily

As pig said, it is the length. The stock waterpump pulley would be in the middle of your fan.

So I *THINK* the answer to the OP is that it can't be done with a 2F so ignore all the wiring recommendations.......

You can always build your own shroud and offset the Dan for clearance.
image-2966669689.jpg
image-520792024.jpg
image-1403731350.jpg
image-1949406828.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom