Events/Trails Taunting the Gods: Montana Mountain Run 2/6/21... maybe not. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TheGrrrrr

GOLD Star
Threads
Hey man, I'm just a dude that can't seem to make a Montana Mountain run happen. So far I've managed to bring about a Pandemic and extensive flooding the last two times I tried to organize runs, but what the hell. My 200 is currently in with @murf for a minor coolant leak issue that deposited the pink stuff around the back of my engine and the top of my transmission, BUT I should have it back tomorrow and my buddy with a recently acquired 80 pinged me about getting out on Saturday. So here goes:

If my 200 is ready... I will be at this location at 9:00am on Saturday for Air-down and Comms check: 33°16'59.7"N 111°09'55.9"W (Parking lot at 60/Arboretum Way)

Plan to be on the trail at 9:30ish and will be running it counter-clockwise.

Should be stock friendly, AT Tires recommended and I would expect to be crossing some wet washes, but I'm doubting any limiting depth.

I can do GMRS (462.600) and Ham (146.460) for comms.

Its about a 3 hour run if we don't stop for lunch, but I am planning to stop for lunch.

I will know for sure if I am going by tomorrow (2/5/21) afternoon and will post up as soon as I know.

I fully expect that posting this will result in breaking news that a planet killing astroid has been identified as hauling ass through the cosmos directly at Earth. I acknowledge my responsibility for this, but I apologize for NOTHING!

The Gods have responded with a Secondary Air Injection System fault, so the rig will not be available tomorrow. I am working to confirm that I may just ride shotgun with my buddy and do the trail anyway. Should have an update on that in a bit.

Ok, I think we are going out in the 80 but maybe a bit later. Like on the trail by 10ish.

Still had fun in the 80, but was disappointed that there was no water in any of the washes. Even a little bit of water makes it way better. With any luck my 200 will be back in service this week and I’ll be looking to get out. Maybe something up around Payson. Also haven’t done the backroad to Crown King in over a year. I’m game for anything.

Still had fun in the 80, but was disappointed that there was no water in any of the washes. Even a little bit of water makes it way better. With any luck my 200 will be back in service this week and I’ll be looking to get out. Maybe something up around Payson. Also haven’t done the backroad to Crown King in over a year. I’m game for anything.

I am still waiting on radiator brackets for the 100... I have one, the 2nd *should* be here on wed... we were talking about going to screw around sycamore now that it's fully open. There are some fun easy loops to do with the similar crew from last time.

I am pulling the plugs to inspect the cylinders in the 80 when my new ignition parts arrive this week, if the land cruiser gods are on my side and my issue is only fouled plugs... I could bring the 80 :) I have a nasty ping...

Little water as of Sunday 2-21-2021
No traffic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom