Tarsand BoreAl Royale: Event Sept 2013 (1 Viewer)

arnott1t

SILVER Star
What: Tarsand BoreAl Royale (T-BAR)
Where: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
When: September Long Weekend (August 30th – September 2nd)
Who: Any Toyota off road enthusiast from stock to not

The Tarsand Toyota’s are proud to announce their first club hosted event the “Tarsand BoreAl Royale” or T-Bar taking place this September Long Weekend. The event will be held just north of Fort McMurray Alberta where participants will set up a base camp for the weekend. Drivers can expect to see the northern Alberta wilderness and what all the fuss is about with the oil sand operations local to the area. Trails will be acceptable for stock to heavily modified vehicles. Mud will be common as well as a few water crossings. More details will follow regarding event registration and entry fees but please mark this on your calendar for a great time in the far north!

arnott1t

SILVER Star
It's on like donkey kong. Registration should be open soon as far as I know. Plan for it!

arnott1t

SILVER Star
Come one, come all to the first Tarsand Toyota Event the "Tarsand Boreal Royale" or T-BAR.

This event will be taking place near "Super Test Hill" north of Fort McMurray Alberta from August 30th to September 2nd.

Event registration is now open.

What is included:
3 Nights camping accommodations.... a spot to pitch a tent, park a trailer or build a tipi.
One gourmet meal
A Swag Bag with branded gear and camping accessories
2 days trail rides though the region.
A chance at the big raffle prizes

Cost is $100/ truck and driver and $50 for a passenger who gets their own Swag Bag

Please send a confirmation email to tarsandtoyotas@gmail.com to confirm your spot for the event and arrange event fee payment.

The trails for this event are a mix of mud, sand, water crossings and some muskeg to keep it all interesting. Your truck should be able to drive 60-80km of paved road to the trailhead or can be trailered to a launch spot each day. Stockers are welcome but be ready to pull winch line or a strap and talk very nicely to the folks in front and behind you!

Attendee's will also be able to drive only 20 minutes further north and see some of the oil sand mines in operation. A communal fire will be held in the evening to share stories of the days excitement and what the latest and greatest truck modification plans are.

A tentative schedule is as follows,

Friday, Aug 30th,
Participants will make the pilgrimage to "Fort Mac" up highway 63. This highway has a reputation and for good reason. Stay alert and patient and it will be a non issue. Arrival at Camp T-BAR from Friday afternoon to Saturday morning any time is acceptable. The fire will be lit. Camp T-BAR will be located ~20km north of Fort McMurray on highway 63. The turn off will be marked obviously and can be seen well in advance. If you start to climb a big hill you've gone to far and can turn around just after the top of the hill.
Saturday, Aug 31st
Depending on group size and trail conditions a group or a couple groups will head off to complete one of the many trails in the region. Most trips are expected to be 6-8 hours round trip so an early start may be an advantage.

Sunday, Sep 1st
Second day of trail rides. An early return is a good idea to get cleaned up for the big meal and raffle night,

Monday, Sep 2nd
Everyone packs up and heads south after a great night around the camp fire.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

RockDoc

I'll take Bruce Vilanch for the block.
Will LED light bars be available to purchase at the event? :grinpimp:

Hope to make it, not sure if I'll bring Wobble or fish for an empty seat.

arnott1t

SILVER Star
Not really planned. For people that get in early Friday there are a few spots nearby where the fishing has been good. Either of which would be casting into river. My best luck was with pickerel rigs set at these spots and minnows. Something we could arrange though. I'm traveling up Thursday and can play tour guide if anyone would want to go.

RockDoc

I'll take Bruce Vilanch for the block.
Anybody else coming from afar for this? If anyone needs something moved from/to the east let me know.

Awl_TEQ

Supporting Vendor
T-Bar 2013

image-479404930.jpg

image-1076659111.jpg

image-368394787.jpg

image-638989643.jpg

image-2166881289.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom