Target carrier (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trying buddy, I have seven project cars going right now and only so much daylight.
That's why you put all those lights in the shop. :D

I guess what I should have said is I'm getting older and there is only so much time between noon naps and 7:00 bed time...
I divide my day into three parts: coffee time, wine time, and in-between time. I have noticed in-between time getting shorter.

@NickAtEndMotive tore my tailgate apart to test his new printed handle so I figured this was a good time to install the new gear.
We've talked about the brass gear needing to be machined to work so I thought I'd take a few photos while I do mine
20240302_093712.jpg

Small chanel lock pliers on a gear to keep everything in place when the gear is removed.

20240302_094244.jpg

The factory gear on the bottom (yes I was on borrowed time) has a depression in the center as does the 3d printed gear from @fj55-100 , the brass gear does not.
20240302_095150.jpg

So it needs to be machined for clearance for the hump on the steel cover to the right .

Good job, but now which gear are you going to install. Nice to have options. :)
The brass gear is installed and everything is ready to go back together just waiting for the tailgate handle to finish curing, if you have a build thread or interact here in the sty and post a picture of your broken gear I will send you the new printed gear in these photos. Id rather see someone use it than just sit on my shelf.

Cerakote for the rear handle..
20240302_100714.jpg

I'm being lazy and didn't want to fire up the big oven so I'm using the kiln. Just jammed a chunk of rod through a hole and hung the handle from it, hope this works!
20240302_112622.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom