tankless camp water heater that runs on propane (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone ever used this type of portable tankless water heater for camping, runs off propane, 80-150F temp adjustable, 1 gallon of hot water per minute?
028799.jpg

Woody has one. This is the same one i'm putting in my trailer build.

the link is saved on my other computer but I googles portable tankless hot water shower heater and it came up on amazon.com, so just type that in on amazon and it will come up along with the zodi hot water. its like $125

Rob

Thanks Enigma, just ordered from that site since was alot cheaper than Amazon.

Rob

I have on and it works great. The shower head has four different settings. Be sure you get a pump large enough to handle the proper water flow or the heat will not go on. There is no lag in the heat once the initial water is heated. A good little unit for the price. I think I payed $116 for mine at Sportsman's Guide.

Keeping up the water supply as you wash is the trick with these. Having the jugs and pump to feed them is what'll be the ticket.

I bought a portable shower rig from SG a few years back that lets you suspend a solar shower or something like this with a surround for modesty and a windbreak, which would also be helpful. Add in a couple of astroturf mats to stand on and you're practically back home.

Any ideas on where and what type of pump is needed? I'll be pulling water from a creek most of the time while camping. I'm guessing I'll need to know how long of a run from the creek to the shower?

Thanks,

Chris

Speakihng of Rinnai tankless hot water heaters, I am currently using the shurflo 3 gpm pump to do the annual anti scaling (Lime condition) treatment to mine. Manual says to do it yearly and I installed the unit about 2 years ago. Got the LC error on the readout so I guess it is time.

I will probably get the Ecotemp L5 or L10 to use with the same pump for a camp shower.

Eccotemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater - Lowest Prices
GUARANTEED!!
thar she blows!

YouTube - LPG Gas Tankless Water Heater Camping Shower (sorry...no 35% models)

Way cheaper than the Coleman unit I have. And yes, looks like a great candidate for a trailer build.

Somewhat related, I have a Rinnai tankless unit in the house, and love it.

Piece of crap! I bought one and it leaked like a $#$##%^! Don't do it!

All the reviews I have read haven't said anything about leaking... the main complaint is not enough water pressure.. but that's an obvious fix....

First time I have heard it leaked on some one...
wonder where it leaked from.. the hose connection or internal parts ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom